• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oops not too clever Team George

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops not too clever Team George

BBC News - George Osborne 'forced to pay £160 first class train upgrade'

for goodness sakes he is a millionaire.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

How come his aide and police guard didn't have to upgrade also?

I thought there was a story a while ago that said all MPs had to travel standard class now?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Oh dear Virgin, you're not going to win that rebid now/
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He could have moved and sat with 'the plebs'.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

That's why he is one -

Do YOU know who I AM?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"A crowd of journalists and photographers, who have been following the story on Twitter, gathered at Euston in the hope of quizzing the chancellor about the incident."

A useful lesson for politicians and other so-called celebrities: if you or your "people" act like arrogant dicks, the whole world might know about it before you've even made it home

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              For goodness sake, all his transport is paid for by us.

"Chancellor! Is it true you tried to save the tax payer some money?"

"No of course not silly! hahaha!"

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                For goodness sake, all his transport is paid for by us.

"Chancellor! Is it true you tried to save the tax payer some money?"

"No of course not silly! hahaha!"
                Umm, did you actually read the story? He tried to sit in First Class with a Standard Class ticket, which is of course a criminal offence. His aide then tried to argue that he shouldn't have to pay the upgrade fare of £160 because he "cannot possibly move and sit in Standard". That's not economising, it's fare-dodging and then trying to justify it by arrogantly claiming special entitlement.

And he paid the £160, so he saved jack tulip. If he wanted to save the tax payer some money, all he had to do was get up, walk to the next carriage, and sit down again.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Umm, did you actually read the story? He tried to sit in First Class with a Standard Class ticket, which is of course a criminal offence. His aide then tried to argue that he shouldn't have to pay the upgrade fare of £160 because he "cannot possibly move and sit in Standard". That's not economising, it's fare-dodging and then trying to justify it by arrogantly claiming special entitlement.

And he paid the £160, so he saved jack tulip. If he wanted to save the tax payer some money, all he had to do was get up, walk to the next carriage, and sit down again.
                  Umm, did you read what I put? How can you fare dodge something that is paid for by someone else ie the tax payer. And btw its not a criminal offence, anyone can sit in 1st class and simple pay the upgrade cost, which is what they offered him to do. Im offended by what you put and Ive called the police.

And of course he cant move to steerage, I wouldnt myself.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    Umm, did you read what I put? How can you fare dodge something that is paid for by someone else ie the tax payer. And btw its not a criminal offence, anyone can sit in 1st class and simple pay the upgrade cost, which is what they offered him to do. Im offended by what you put and Ive called the police.

And of course he cant move to steerage, I wouldnt myself.
                    None of that makes any sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X