• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you travel 1st class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you travel 1st class

Poll on its way...
    Always, what a plebeian question
    33.33%
    If someone else is paying
    15.15%
    If it's not stupidly expensive or for a treat
    30.30%
    No
    12.12%
    Yes but I don't pay; AndyW is there to distract the conductor
    9.09%
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Always - I travel zeroeth class, in my car. Public transport is for proles
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Book early enough and its usually cheap than standard. It just requires vague organisation.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Not ideal for long commute into central London.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          No planes then?

Comment

It used to cost £90 2nd class (standing room only) and £125 first class (guaranteed seat) therefore I opted for first class.

The fare has increased to £112 2nd class and £190 first class with less seats sometimes no seat in first and no seat in second. Therefore it is back to using a car
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If I am working in Edinburgh (50% of my work) I would travel first class which costs 500 something a month. Realistically if they push the cost up another 6% which they will probably do then I might consider standard.

Never bother with first class flying, a few valium and a few beers and I could be in an iron maiden and not care.

Comment

I consider myself lucky to be quite short and slight when travelling by air, even on budget airlines I have enough room in economy seats.

Comment

I need to be in the US on the 6th, so earlier in the week had a look an it was £1100 back and fourth in premium. Logged in last night to book it now £2800. Same seats, same flight, difference was I'm now within 21 days to fly. Absolute ******* joke.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I simply fly myself to my destination

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X