• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurotunnel car checks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurotunnel car checks

What checks are made on cars passing through the Eurotunnel these days ? Do they inspect / sniff the cars ?

Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
    What checks are made on cars passing through the Eurotunnel these days ? Do they inspect / sniff the cars ?
    If the sniffer dogs dies when let in your car then rest assured you can assume you shouldn't have had that curry and 10 pints the night before.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      If the sniffer dogs dies when let in your car then rest assured you can assume you shouldn't have had that curry and 10 pints the night before.
      Naa just thinking to take couple of joints with me from Holland.

Comment

Then you may be safe. However if they find anything they have the right to confiscate and crush the car and everything in it as many booze cruise van hire firms found to their cost.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

When I used to use it regularly (on the UK>FR direction) they would occasionally direct my 4x4 into a shed on the left, just after you pass over the cattle grid apparatus (camera inspecting underside of the vehicle) and then proceed to take swabs of the door handles away for analysis (when questioned they said it was looking for explosive residues)

Probably didn't help when I called them fascist barstewards for doing so & and launching into my "Europe Sans Frontières "speech

Don't recall much for the FR>UK leg

HTH
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

You're absolutely fine, they won't check at all and you can take whatever or whoever you wish through with you.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Re: Eurotunnel car checks

I've had my steering wheel swabbed before, never understood why.

I had une gendarme become concerned when I showed her my boot because I'd removed some of the lining. Which was strange because if I hadn't removed the lining, I'd have had plenty of space to hide drugs.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Yes. Everyone gets a fully body cavity search too.

Comment

When I used to travel to and from Holland I was regularly stopped and the car searched. I used to always clean and check the car before I left Holland. I got so fed up at being stopped I made an official complaint.

I do not see why you want to risk bring some joints back when your car could be confiscated and you put into prison.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I remember flying to Dubai and Mrs BP decided to make cannabis rice krispy chocolate cakes to relax me for the flight. Well actually they were made of skunk. I started to scoff them on the car park xfer coach - I had one left at the airport. First thing we spotted was a police dog - I stuffed the final one whole, threw away the wrapper and quickly left. Not sure if the dogs can detect skunk in cakes.

We then went to the airport lounge to get legless. The days before kids were great.

Comment

Working...
                    X