• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Going to Pot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Going to Pot

Just to make you chaps feel better: it’s not just IT where projects go bad

I have been drafted on to a new project that is 25% through its programme, the entire original commercial team have been fired / left, (possibility of misconduct) before they went they have deleted files all over.

The documentation is shocking, costs are spiralling, & there is a strong possibility the steel frame subbie is going under.

We are 3 weeks behind schedule, (with horrendous LAD’s) morale is in the basement, the rain is turning the site into a bog.

Oh & no smoking on site so I have to get on the bus & go back to the gate for a fag

On the plus side it's 45mins from home, it can’t get any worse, it may motivate me into giving up smoking & the site caff does a tasty bacon butty

Going to be an interesting few months un-picking the mess
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Tell them they're too late, the Olympics have finished.

Comment

Working...
    X