• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DIY by association

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY by association

I just spent a large portion of the weekend re-painting the kitchen/dining room.

This came about because we are having 2 new radiators installed in the lounge.

How come you may ask and the answer is ....

because the wife when talking to the plumber mentioned that it if they could remove the cast iron rads in the kitchen it would be nice to paint them as they have discoloured over the years.

Then it dawned on her that they would then look cleaner and whiter than the rest of the kitchen paint work, so it all needed painting.

So there you go, be careful having lounge radiators fitted as it could mean you end up painting the entire kitchen.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

I have spent the last week painting the whole house, why? because we just got a new one, built in 1883 and it looks like it hasn't been renovated since.

At present the walls (all of which are 3.5m high) are now painted white in all rooms while we, well gf chef, decides on a colour scheme. The living room has some colour and is awaiting wallpaper. Now I'm onto laying laminat in the kitchen before the new cooker and kitchen get delivered Thursday, unfortunately that room is the only room where the parquet is fecked beyond repair.

Next its putting up curtain poles, hanging curtains, building up shelves, decorating the dining room, setting up the house network, putting up light fittings and the minor task of painting every skirting board in the house before tackling the garden hopefully atleast a bit before winter sets in. On the plus side, my office is looking fantastic, well, it would do if it didn't have half of the rest of the house boxed up in it.

Luckily on this contract I get to wfh and come November it's onto part time work. More time and fun to set up the workbench and tools properly in the cellar.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

When I saw radiators I assumed there would be something to do with bleeding.

I am very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        When I saw radiators I assumed there would be something to do with bleeding.

I am very disappointed.
        Do you know how to balance yer rads?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I just pay someone to do it and go out to the pub.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Do you know how to balance yer rads?
            I know how to balance Mrs BP's rack.

Comment

Working...
            X