• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stealing houses...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealing houses...

Did I or did I not hear something on the news yesterday about local councils being able to steal your house & rent it out if unoccupied for 6 months?

Dunno bout that BUT if you find a house that aint lived in and then you move in to it after a couple years it can be all yours!

Plenty of scum in this country have already taken advantage of this!

So in a round about way...its only fair that the council can do it to. Granted, 6 months is a lot less than what you or I would have to do to get a free house!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Did I or did I not hear something on the news yesterday about local councils being able to steal your house & rent it out if unoccupied for 6 months?
      Yup a Prescott special basically a robbers charter in the interest of 'fairness'
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Not necessarily so. The adverse possession law may well have been killed by a decision of the despised European Humans Rights Act. It had to get something right sooner or later.

http://www.legal500.com/devs/uk/cp/ukcp_275.htm
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

How to avoid discussion of the underlying causes of the housing shortage, and instead win votes from the gullible with yet another "be nasty to the middle classes" scheme. Right on Comrade.

Comment

Working...
          X