• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dunno why, but I found this funny.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno why, but I found this funny.

I think it was the parrot.

Julie Walters: It’s easier to establish a career if you have a posh background | Metro.co.uk

What’s been your biggest on-stage mishap?

I did The Rose Tattoo by Tennessee Williams.

Ken Stott played my lover and there was an urn that supposedly held the ashes of my dead husband.

One night it just smashed open of its own accord. The audience gasped as if it was a special effect and we had to stop the show and say: ‘Sorry, this wasn’t supposed to happen.’ Then it happened again the next night. It was a really bizarre incident.

We also had a parrot who learnt the play and started shouting my lines.

I had a line: ‘I want to see a sign,’ and he started shouting that throughout the play.

One night I saw him sneaking out of his cage; he’d opened it and was creeping towards the audience.

The next night we replaced him with a stuffed one.
    No doubt it was a Norwegian Blue.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Comment

Parrots are like mad grandparents.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Parrots are like mad grandparents.
        My great grandfather had a parrot.

It lived on top of the grandfather clock.

It chased cats, dogs & kids, being a suitably vicious sort of parrot.

Eventually got run over by a horse & cart.

Comment

Working...
        X