• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Nanny, who's going through a divorce, just came into my study crying saying her husband is not paying his fair share: trying to give her £800 a mnth, while he's bought a £60K car etc. etc.
    Thing is I noticed she wasn't looking after the lad very well recently (that's the benefit of being retired, I can keep an eye out) so we had started interviewing other nannies.
    Im inclined to tell her to not come back and pay her in lieu, she's obviously not fit to look after a child and I don't want her anywhere near the lad.
    Is this likely to tip her over the edge? Should I care? What would you do?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Let the missus deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Nanny, who's going through a divorce, just came into my study crying saying her husband is not paying his fair share: trying to give her £800 a mnth, while he's bought a £60K car etc. etc.
      Thing is I noticed she wasn't looking after the lad very well recently (that's the benefit of being retired, I can keep an eye out) so we had started interviewing other nannies.
      Im inclined to tell her to not come back and pay her in lieu, she's obviously not fit to look after a child and I don't want her anywhere near the lad.
      Is this likely to tip her over the edge? Should I care? What would you do?
      Look after the child yourself.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        On second thoughts, best leave it to a professional.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

You should wait until she has finished giving you a blow job before telling her she is sacked!!!!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What would you do?
            I'd make up another story, this one is rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You should wait until she has finished giving you a blow job before telling her she is sacked!!!!!
              So this is why your childcare career left a nasty taste in your mouth.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

What would you do?
                Do what you like - this is a load of old bollocks so it doesn't matter.
                If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  I have stuff to do ...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                    Do what you like - this is a load of old bollocks so it doesn't matter.
                    And why is it a load of bollocks?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X