• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTF does facebook make a loss?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTF does facebook make a loss?

Facebook has reported a loss of $59m (£37m) despite seeing revenues rise 32% during the third quarter.

The world's most popular online social network revealed that its income rose to $1.26bn, between July and September.

The revenues exceeded expectations, but Facebook's performance remains in the red, following a loss of $157m in the previous quarter.

Beeby linky

Are they just pnissing all the money up the wall on crap like instagram?

Facebook does not need to make a profit. It is there for another purpose. Just see who is running it
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

They've been spending a lot more on stuff like TV ads & mobile platforms. Also, one assumes doing an IPO is pretty expensive; especially in California the amount of lawyer-time will be astronomical. And of course FB is still growing in terms of staff.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

But Facebook royalties LTPC (Limited Tax Paying Company) incorporated in Sunny Tax Haven made a Billion?

its a web site, its not like they have lots of Brick & Mortar costs.

shocked its only $1.26B
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Except for vast datacentres. And fancy offices in the most expensive prime locations going.

I mean Google is just a website but they built practically an entire town... I've driven down Google Avenue!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

But Facebook royalties LTPC (Limited Tax Paying Company) incorporated in Sunny Tax Haven made a Billion?

shocked its only $1.26B
            Yep, I reckon it's all a tax dodge. Someone somewhere sunny is making billions.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Except for vast datacentres. And fancy offices in the most expensive prime locations going.

I mean Google is just a website but they built practically an entire town... I've driven down Google Avenue!
              Google are making money, they need to get rid of it rather than pay tax, they don't actually need the assets to run the website, the data centres are all heavily subsidised by local tax incentives and cheaper than paying a third party.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I can make a website, which does exactly what Google does, in 2 days.

Minestrone.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

shocked its only $1.26B
                  What about those massive data centres they have?

They can't be cheap to run.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Why didn't you take a tour around the Googleplex?
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X