• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Cracking Job of the Day gone bad.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cracking Job of the Day gone bad.....

Just had a call, Bob Agent, waited for the inevitiable but by interest was piqued when he said is was a one monther in Peterburg, hmm, fancy it I though, St Pete is a wonderful place and can speak ok Russian so brill. I say 'In Russia?' He says yes and bags on about Unix terms he's no idea about while I scheme in the background, already surmising he's just telling me what I want to hear to keep me interested.

I stop him and ask about a Russian Work Visa, I'm sure I'll need one. Hesitation, fearlessly, I press him harder, 'THIS IS SAINT PETERSBURG IN RUSSIA, RIGHT?

He stops, thinks and comes back with 'No, Peterborough, near Northampton' (which it isn't). Bollocks...

Not doing a month in Peterborough for anyone....

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

On the plus side, in Peterborough you're less likely to be gunned down in a drive by shooting, or die of exposure if you're caught outside in a winter blizzard or something
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        On the plus side, in Peterborough you're less likely to be gunned down in a drive by shooting, or die of exposure if you're caught outside in a winter blizzard or something
        Probably not, actually....

Comment

One wonders whether this is really an advantage in Peterborough.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            One wonders whether this is really an advantage in Peterborough.
            Yes - you can get away from it quite quickly on the East Coast mainline

Comment

You've obviously never been to Peterborough...
              If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

There are some nice places near Peterborough - check out the beautiful villages in Cambs and East Northants.

And it isn't that far from Northampton. Nearer than St. Petersburg is, anyway

Comment

On the plus side, in Peterborough you're less likely to be gunned down in a drive by shooting
                  Two men thought to be responsible for Oxney Road shootings - Local - Peterborough Telegraph

Comment

Peterborough has a lot of Polish immigrants. They'll know Russian.

Comment

Working...
                    X