• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time Sheets.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Sheets.

I respect clients who sign time-sheets without a fuss. Occasional you get clients who can’t resist to make a dig every time you present them with a time sheet. Examples are:

You must be raking it in by now.
    Can I have my cut?
    What do you do with all this money?
    Did you bring your Porsche in today?

Any similar experiences or suggested replies?
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Can I have your holidays ?
    Can I have your sickies ?
    Why don't you go contracting ? You'd do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
      I respect clients who sign time-sheets without a fuss. Occasional you get clients who can’t resist to make a dig every time you present them with a time sheet. Examples are:

You must be raking it in by now.
      Can I have my cut?
      What do you do with all this money?
      Did you bring your Porsche in today?

Any similar experiences or suggested replies?
      My client contact who is perm and has been with the company 10 years signs my timesheets. He knows how much I earn and thoroughly resents it as it's about twice what he earns and I am 10 years younger. So he resents signing my timesheets. I will hand him my timesheet and he will leave it on his desk and sometimes won't sign it for 2 days until I push him for it. Then he will look at the timesheet for a good minute as though he is deciphering some engima style code, say 'did you work wednesday' when he knows full well I did then grudgingly sign it.
      Last edited by Joe Black.; 20 June 2006, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black.
        My boss ....
        "Client Contact", not Boss.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian
          "Client Contact", not Boss.

oops yeah I can't believe I said boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black.
            My client contact who is perm and has been with the company 10 years signs my timesheets. He knows how much I earn and thoroughly resents it as it's about twice what he earns and I am 10 years younger. So he resents signing my timesheets.
            I sign off a number of contractors time sheets and have a good laugh when they think they are on good money...if only they knew

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
              I sign off a number of contractors time sheets and have a good laugh when they think they are on good money...if only they knew

Mailman
              Knew what , knew that you dressed up in woman clothes ?? Prey do tell...

Comment

Yes, I have been through that "process".

Fill in simple timesheet.

Hand to miserable permie who give you glaring look as he puts it in his "in tray".

Go back to permie about 3 days later and ask for signed timesheet.

Miserable git pulls unsigned timesheet from in-tray, give 2nd glaring look and spends several minutes looking over the details.

Just enough time for 3rd glaring look and sarky comment "We must have paid you enough to retire by now", or "And I suppose you don't pay any tax either" before signing with spidery scrawl.

Stupid permie ******* twats.

PS Yes I have made enough to retire

Comment

Stab stab stabbity stab ™© ®
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sign the time sheet or be exterminated!

Comment

Working...
                    X