• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration is a good thing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration is a good thing...

Europes population is in decline. *

Birthrates are falling and the population is aging rapidly. *

21 of the 28 countries in the world with the fastest declining populations are in Europe and Britain is one of them. *

By 2050 there will be 100 people of retirement age for every 65 people of working age. *

Without forcing their citizens to work longer, the only way these countries will be able to support their populations is by encouraging immigration to sustain their economies and keep generating the revenue needed to support those who are no longer working.

Discuss.

<grabs tin hat and runs for cover>

* Assorted sources including discussion on BBC radio 4 this morning concerning making IVF treatments free to boost the population.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB
    21 of the 28 countries in the world with the fastest declining populations are in Europe and Britain is one of them.
    That's because people are leaving to get away from all the immigrants...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

From an aussie perspective I think the UK's immigration policy needs to be addressed. Immigration is fine as long as the immigrants are going to contribute soimething to the country/community they are emigrating to. The problem I have experienced in England is that immigrants arrive here move to an area and basically take it over pushing out English people and create their own mini-somalia or whatever. They cannot speak English, they have no skills, they come from war torn countries where life is cheap and they have different morals and ethics to English/European people. You do not want these kind of immigrants, Last month I drove through Bradford to see an Aussie mate living up there and I did not see one single white person in the entire town. And the place was a sh*thole. At the end of every street was a big pile of rubbish, crap everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black.
        Last month I drove through Bradford to see an Aussie mate living up there and I did not see one single white person in the entire town. And the place was a sh*thole. At the end of every street was a big pile of rubbish, crap everywhere.
        It's not just Bradford...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          That's because people are leaving to get away from all the immigrants...
          Exactly, well said.

Comment

Doesn't mass immigration just cause the need for even further immigration?

We all get old and import millions of young immigrants to look after us (wipe our bums etc). These immigrants have children and themselves get old, requiring more immigrants to look after the 1st lot. This goes on until Britain grinds to a halt (not long now) due to infrastructure, housing and energy/water limitations.

Madness.

PS. I'm getting out soon so it's not really a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              PS. I'm getting out soon so it's not really a problem.
              5 months and counting...

Comment

9 months and counting

Comment

The only problem is Australia has now got an influx of English people. They come over to Oz, open up corner shops and nobody understands a word they say??

Comment

I thought Oz has similar problems...or were the riots on the beaches about something else?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X