• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Movember and time to make a difference.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Movember and time to make a difference.

Men’s health is a cause I am passionate about but in order to make a difference I need your help. My commitment is to grow a moustache for the month of November and in doing so, raise vital awareness and funds for mens health including prostate and testicular cancer.

I am asking you to help support my personal journey by making a donation. The size of which isn’t important, every little contribution helps Movember to continue its funding of world class programmes. If you want to know more about what you’ll be helping to fund, you can visit About Movember

To highlight the importance of what I am doing, take a look at these statistics:
    • 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
    • This year 40,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed in the UK
    • 47% of testicular cancer cases occur in men under 35 years and over 90% occur in men under 55 years

If you’d like to help change these statistics, please donate to me by:
    • Donating online at: Movember Home
    • Writing a cheque payable to 'Movember', referencing my Registration ID: 211319 and mailing it to: Movember Europe PO Box 68600 London EC1P 1EF

Last edited by SimonMac; 25 October 2012, 15:57.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I prefer it when they do the female version of this. For those who don't know, it's called 'Fanuary'
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Have always wanted to grow a mo for a bro but everytime it comes round I either have an interview or wedding or something that I just can't have a daft tache for.

What you growing? I always fancied either a proper old handlebar or a Pa Teutle biker thing.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Have always wanted to grow a mo for a bro but everytime it comes round I either have an interview or wedding or something that I just can't have a daft tache for.

What you growing? I always fancied either a proper old handlebar or a Pa Teutle biker thing.
        Whats stopping you this year then? Maybe we can get a CUK team going.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Whats stopping you this year then? Maybe we can get a CUK team going.
          Nothing touch wood although I am waiting to hear about an interview at another gig. Might push to get it done before Nov. After so many failed years I am a bit nervous about asking for people's money and they having to quit 2 weeks in while still looking like a tramp rather than a refined english gent.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Nothing touch wood although I am waiting to hear about an interview at another gig. Might push to get it done before Nov. After so many failed years I am a bit nervous about asking for people's money and they having to quit 2 weeks in while still looking like a tramp rather than a refined english gent.
            If you get an interview, just tell them what you are doing, although it would mean having to put up photos of yourself, so all those newbies you have pissed off telling them to search can finally hunt you down

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Men’s health is a cause I am passionate about but in order to make a difference I need your help. My commitment is to grow a moustache for the month of November and in doing so, raise vital awareness and funds for mens health including prostate and testicular cancer.

I am asking you to help support my personal journey by making a donation. The size of which isn’t important, every little contribution helps Movember to continue its funding of world class programmes. If you want to know more about what you’ll be helping to fund, you can visit About Movember

To highlight the importance of what I am doing, take a look at these statistics:
              • 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
              • This year 40,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed in the UK
              • 47% of testicular cancer cases occur in men under 35 years and over 90% occur in men under 55 years

If you’d like to help change these statistics, please donate to me by:
              • Donating online at: Movember Home
              • Writing a cheque payable to 'Movember', referencing my Registration ID: 211319 and mailing it to: Movember Europe PO Box 68600 London EC1P 1EF

If you’re interested, here’s a video that will help you better understand the type of programmess you’ll be helping to fund by making a donation.
              I had a chat with the doctor about this last week after he suggested getting a blood test and sticking his finger up my arse (he refused to talk dirty to make it easier)

He said that the only true test is a biopsy and that is in most cases is impractical. Also the onset of it does appear that this type of cancer is not down to a lack a resources.

Theses types of cancers have a very quick onset, if you are examined one week, you could still develop it in the next few weeks.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's such a weird idea IMO. Also, it'd take all month for me to grow one.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

the dali, winnfield or the sparrow get my vote..

do we get to vote on the design if we contribute?

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                    the dali, winnfield or the sparrow get my vote..

do we get to vote on the design if we contribute?
                    If it makes you donate, yes!

Comment

Working...
                    X