• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could have a black James Bond next....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could have a black James Bond next....

Naomie Harris backs Idris Elba to become the first black James Bond | Mail Online

Now I am no racist or anything but .. seriously? Am I the only one that thinks that this just isn't in keeping with who James Bond is? Idris is a great actor and I am sure the film will be very watchable... but will it be James Bond I am watching? This one doesn't seem right at all.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Jahdamah Muhammad Bond. Mixed race, transgender Muslim lady Bond. Now that would be very right on....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Naomie Harris backs Idris Elba to become the first black James Bond | Mail Online

Now I am no racist or anything but .. seriously? Am I the only one that thinks that this just isn't in keeping with who James Bond is? Idris is a great actor and I am sure the film will be very watchable... but will it be James Bond I am watching? This one doesn't seem right at all.
      Do you think he'll have too much rhythm?
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

They mention a black James bond before each film. Colin Salmon, Adrian Lester and Patteson Joseph are recent favourites. The same list gets wheeled out whenever a new Doctor is required

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          Do you think he'll have too much rhythm?
          Maybe it's a Walther PPK inferior (size) issue.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Is James Bond SC Cleared?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
              They mention a black James bond before each film. Colin Salmon, Adrian Lester and Patteson Joseph are recent favourites. The same list gets wheeled out whenever a new Doctor is required
              Maybe they'll just black up Sean Connery.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Is James Bond SC Cleared?
                I doubt it. He's never in the country long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Am I the only one that thinks that this just isn't in keeping with who James Bond is?
                  I think I follow that you mean it will simply be jarring, but in terms of Bond's personality, actions and so on what part of that screams 'white' at you? Even his nationality is not out of keeping with a natural-born Englishman.

I think the only reason a black Bond would seem weird is that they were all white before. If one of the earlier Bonds had been black we'd probably think nothing of it.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would like to see them break the long running tradition of making completely over hyped, tulipe films.

Comment

Working...
                    X