• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here's hoping this finally comes into play

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's hoping this finally comes into play

BBC News - Child-related benefits may be 'capped' at two children

I for one hope that they introduce this, the sooner the better
    In Scooter we trust

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    BBC News - Child-related benefits may be 'capped' at two children

I for one hope that they introduce this, the sooner the better
    Me too....i am all in favour of making people have a license to have children, but apparently it infringes on their human rights, and enforcing it could be quite gruesome

Comment

This definitely gets my vote along with the rumoured benefit card which would be like an ordinary debit card that people on certain benefits can use except it could not be used to purchase cigarettes or alcohol.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Presumably the third child will have to earn its keep, either down pit, or up chimney.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It will never happen, you saw the uproar over limiting child benefit to those earning more than £45,000, this would never get passed into law
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            It will never happen, you saw the uproar over limiting child benefit to those earning more than £45,000, this would never get passed into law
            don't think you coul dpass it into law straight away, as it would only make the children suffer.. much more chance of somthing like this if given a 5 or so year window.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Don't rain on my parade lol, there's always hope plus it preys on petty jealousies which I like such as the fact that people often get houses quicker as they have more children, they're also able to run a car and provide their kids with the latest consoles etc. It really rattles peoples cages and makes them emotive, when I was in the Civil Service I had a conversation about benefits with a woman who was in the training department she pointed out to me that as she is married and has no kids she has to put into the system but doesn't get a jot from it. How many people feel the same way? and of course factor in those who are working that have kids and get no financial assistance from the government yet they're taxes subsidise the lazy family across the street that have lots of kids and have never worked a day in their lives.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                don't think you coul dpass it into law straight away, as it would only make the children suffer.. much more chance of somthing like this if given a 5 or so year window.
                I'm thinking they would apply it from a certain year so say 2014/2015 any family having more than two children after this date would only receive benefits for the first two children and no more.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Maybe a policy could be introduced only allowing one child. Now there's an interesting and untested idea which might just work.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Maybe a policy could be introduced only allowing one child. Now there's an interesting and untested idea which might just work.
                    Very funny d000hg, that obviously wouldn't fly as we're not China and there's the old issue of human rights to consider.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X