• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Female Thermal Dissonance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is like Marakesh in here yet "it is not hot enough" I am told.

The temperature the thermostat is reading is higher than it has given me over the summer when nobody complained, yet she wants it higher.

Feck getting a nanny in, what we need is a couple of navvies to shovel coal into a boiler before she shuts up.

WTF goes on in their tiny female minds?

Does it go up to 11?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It is like Marakesh in here yet "it is not hot enough" I am told.

The temperature the thermostat is reading is higher than it has given me over the summer when nobody complained, yet she wants it higher.

Feck getting a nanny in, what we need is a couple of navies to shovel coal into a boiler before she shuts up.

She does it to irritate you and then laughs behind your back at your inability to see what she's up to.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Does it go up to 11?
        Yes, her volume does go up to 11.

Comment

buy her some thermal undies.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

That macintire bloke said he would break up the United Kingdom and rename Scotland 'jockystan'.

Just passing along.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Strip naked and sit on the sofa scratching your undercrackers moaning about how hot it is, this works a treat but my wife's mum and dad were not to impressed though
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Women are generally colder than men due to our physiology.

What you need to do is get your wife to do more exercise especially out doors.

Next year convince her to run one of those womens' 5KM for charitee and then get her to run further after she has done that. (Just don't let her do a marathon because half of people lose the will to live after that.) Yes you and the kids will have to go out and support her if the races are on a weekend but your heating bills will be less next winter.

There are also other benefits for you.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  What you need to do is get your wife to do more exercise especially out doors.
                  Shouldn't one call an ambulance before suggesting something like that?

Comment

Totally with you on this one. Much of our cool summer it was only about 19' and that was no problem but now winter is here the missus feels cold if it's less than 22. Wierd.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X