• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your mystical, magical experience?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your mystical, magical experience?

Sailing a wee yacht off the west coast of Scotland in darkness, no lights anywhere to be seen just the most amazing sky full of stars overhead.

Meteors, the occasional satellite and a dull glow from the binnacle to give me a course. The rest of the crew below so just me at the helm beer in one hand tiller on the other.

Three hours later arriving at our destination, finding a mooring and taking the tender ashore for a pint or two. Life doesn't get much better than that.

And another week of the same racing during the day partying at night.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Sailing a wee yacht off the west coast of Scotland in darkness, no lights anywhere to be seen just the most amazing sky full of stars overhead.

Meteors, the occasional satellite and a dull glow from the binnacle to give me a course. The rest of the crew below so just me at the helm beer in one hand tiller on the other.

Three hours later arriving at our destination, finding a mooring and taking the tender ashore for a pint or two. Life doesn't get much better than that.

And another week of the same racing during the day partying at night.
    Whatever I was going to say has been washed away by jealousy. Enjoy.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I had a dream while off my bollocks on acid once, hard to explain but i saw everything in the universe and how it all fitted together and made sense.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I had a dream while off my bollocks on acid once, hard to explain but i saw everything in the universe and how it all fitted together and made sense.
        +1. Did you rediscover the beauty of trees as if you were new to the world? Or was thay just me?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Yours sounds lovely, Cliphead.

Mine doesn't come close. I was lying out on the hills on exercise once, miles from anywhere, on an exceptionally clear evening with no moon. There were about 4 or 5 of us, lying on our rollmats looking up at the darkest and most star-filled sky I'd ever seen. There's so much light pollution in a city that you don't realise just how many stars are up there.

Suddenly, one of the guys spotted a satellite, which basically looked just like one of the tiny dim stars, but was moving at a very even speed across the sky. We thought it was a meteor at first, but when it made it all the way across from one horizon to the other we realised what it actually was. We were there for about an hour or so, and you could spot one every few minutes. For some reason it's always stuck in my mind. Second only in mystical, magicalness to having morphine in hospital one time; that's one a helluva drug!

Comment

Oh I have that dream almost nightly. I put it down to a superior intellect.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Oh I have that dream almost nightly. I put it down to a superior intellect.

'you have to spread radiation around before giving it to suityou01 again'
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

They say that it is quite a mind-expanding (if ultimately mind-destroying) drug. Francis Crick of Crick and Watson (discoverers of DNA) fame talked about how he first realised the helical shape of DNA whilst using LSD. And Nobel Prize -winning physicist Richard Feynman alluded to experimenting with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Oh I have that dream almost daily. I put it down to a superior intellect.
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                    They say that it is quite a mind-expanding (if ultimately mind-destroying) drug. Francis Crick of Crick and Watson (discoverers of DNA) fame talked about how he first realised the helical shape of DNA whilst using LSD. And Nobel Prize -winning physicist Richard Feynman alluded to experimenting with it too.
                    You have no idea of what your mind is capable of.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                    X