• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Dear Leader" to get two planes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dear Leader" to get two planes

Presumably one for Tony and one for Cherie

PM to get two 'Blair Force Ones'

" Prime Minister Tony Blair is set to get the go-ahead later this month for two "Blair Force One" planes to fly him on official trips, the BBC has learned.
    One is likely to be a long-haul plane with 70 seats, while a 15-seater jet will be ordered for shorter flights, BBC correspondent James Hardy says.

Since 1944 US presidents have had their own plane, known as Air Force One.

Until now the PM has chartered planes or used the ageing Queen's Flight to take him on official business.

The planes will not be bought outright, but taken on a long lease.

They are expected to cost around £12.3m a year - about £2.7m more than the current arrangement"

Originally posted by Hart-floot
    Presumably one for Tony and one for Cherie

PM to get two 'Blair Force Ones'

" Prime Minister Tony Blair is set to get the go-ahead later this month for two "Blair Force One" planes to fly him on official trips, the BBC has learned.
    One is likely to be a long-haul plane with 70 seats, while a 15-seater jet will be ordered for shorter flights, BBC correspondent James Hardy says.

Since 1944 US presidents have had their own plane, known as Air Force One.

Until now the PM has chartered planes or used the ageing Queen's Flight to take him on official business.

The planes will not be bought outright, but taken on a long lease.

They are expected to cost around £12.3m a year - about £2.7m more than the current arrangement"

12 Million Quid ... All funded by the hard working UK Taxpayer !!!

ALL HAIL OUR GLORIOUS LEADER !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
      about £2.7m more than the current arrangement"
      It's only fair.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If they are easier to hit with missiles, I'm all in favour

Comment

Hang on, he wont be around long enough anyway - why bother with a long term lease..?

Get him and his ugly sidekick a monthly bus pass.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
            Get him and his ugly sidekick a monthly bus pass.
            Which one? Gordo, Prescott, Beckett? I lose track of who is Tone's Sidekick of the Month...
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

I meant his wife. The reason they want two planes is probably so she can jet off on private business round the world, acting as if she is someone important rather than a partially animated scarecrow.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Why does she need a plane??? Open mouth, walk through resulting rift in time and space, avoiding Jurassic Gondwonaland, arrive at destination before leaving.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Blair force one

So true. This country is turning into America.

I've been freelancing some NHS tulip today (installing workstations with iSoft rubbish) and all the doctors are thinking about moving their healthcare over to private only and getting Locums in to deal with the proles.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                  X