• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bankia executives ordered to pay back bonuses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankia executives ordered to pay back bonuses

Bankia executives ordered to pay back bonuses | Business | guardian.co.uk

Oh and they've capped all the bonuses executives receive at state rescued banks, seems fair to me.
    In Scooter we trust

bonuses were agreed in April when the bank claimed 2011 profits of €300m. But auditors refused to sign the accounts and the bank eventually recognised a €3bn loss
    If they'd allowed the bank to go bust the directors could be prosecuted and taken to the cleaners.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I wonder how much of this money went straight offshore?

I bet a few will move abroad.

Comment

bonuses were agreed in April when the bank claimed 2011 profits of €300m. But auditors refused to sign the accounts and the bank eventually recognised a €3bn loss

bit like the EU then but the Auditors don't sign them off.

must be some way of prosecuting them of misreporting?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I wonder how much of this money went straight offshore?

I bet a few will move abroad.
          Perhaps they should branded so it's easy to identify those that worked at failed banks lol, in all fairness it depends on what role they had at that bank. Do Lloyds and NatWest now cap bonuses for executives?
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            bit like the EU then but the Auditors don't sign them off.

must be some way of prosecuting them of misreporting?
            Dunno, but in most EU countries if there are irregularities in the accounts in the case of bankruptcy of a limited company then directors can be held personally liable in bankruptcy court. Of course, our wbanker friends with their MBAs and business school edjumakayshun avoided bankruptcy proceedings by getting state subsidies for their failed businesses, paid for by those of us who are capable of running a profitable business and handing in correct and audited accounts on time.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X