• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible return to the dark side.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible return to the dark side.....

Had two interviews today, one local leading to second interview next week, the other 50 miles away with a terrible hours 8-8 culture to meet a deadline, but a fantastic rate, just as well as will be travelodging a lot I think.

Waiting very impatiently now to see which, if any I get......

Also had a couple of perm interviews this week, and another contract interview lined up for next week - 8 interviews in a fortnight, sounds very unbelievable!!

What is the contracting market generally like these days?

Yo guff

What is 8x8 ?

Milan

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
      Had two interviews today, one local leading to second interview next week, the other 50 miles away with a terrible hours 8-8 culture to meet a deadline, but a fantastic rate, just as well as will be travelodging a lot I think.

Waiting very impatiently now to see which, if any I get......

Also had a couple of perm interviews this week, and another contract interview lined up for next week - 8 interviews in a fortnight, sounds very unbelievable!!

What is the contracting market generally like these days?
      It's quiet ish. Noticed a bit of a flurry last week. Only been looking for two weeks mind, so not much of a sample. What's your game?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Yo guff

What is 8x8 ?

Milan
        8am til 8pm

Hth

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
          Had two interviews today, one local leading to second interview next week, the other 50 miles away with a terrible hours 8-8 culture to meet a deadline, but a fantastic rate, just as well as will be travelodging a lot I think. ..
          Depends a lot on the miles, but 50 sounds just about commutable if they're mostly tolerable motorway.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Depends a lot on the miles, but 50 sounds just about commutable if they're mostly tolerable motorway.
            Depends what you drive I spose

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              8am til 8pm

Hth
              Ta mate

8*8 sounds like good bucks

go for it guff

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                What is 8x8 ?
                Wilmslow's IQ.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Mostly motorway, just the 8 miles or so at the clientco end. On the plus side, leaving around 7 or 8pm-ish will get me through rush-hour leading to a 45 minute commute home, if I can get away with leaving home around 7:30am. Would probably need to join a gym near clientco to get my workout in at lunch if I am going to be able to hack staying to blinking late in the evening.

Would probably factor in a hotel mid-week to recover with an early night and lie-in, and show some quality face time to allow me to scarper at a more human time on Friday, with luck.......

Any more ideas on coping with an unreasonable hours culture??

Looking likely to be a good year or so if my face fits, 6 month min, so thinking time to be a rate tart and chip away at that mortgage

Nervously waiting for the feedback - had two cracking interviews today, so feeling like my mojo is getting back up and at them!

Comment

My favourite food is Gruffalo crumble.

Begone.

Comment

Working...
                    X