• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie looking for help... the sums dont add up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie looking for help... the sums dont add up

I wonder if anyone can help please, Im new to contracting .... and just got my first one

ive just signed up to a large umbrella company and have had a breakdown of my finances sent over but they dont make sense.

I was told that i could claim 45p/mile and it would be approx £228 per month.

when i have been sent the breakdown from the umbrella company, they are showing the £228 as a deduction from the weekly pay, and then in the breakdown of what I will get Net they have showing the £228 as money I will receive.

So say im on £1k a week, there taking the £228 off that ( as well as NI etc) and then in the take come pay, there showing approx £x amount and then the £228
    What I dont understand why are they taking the £228 from my monthly amount, and then showing me receive it as travel expenses in the next column.

So i dont understand its showing me paying £228 expenses then receiving £228 back, so im not getting any expenses im paying it out to receive it..... this isnt right is it ????? iis this normal

Any help appreciated....

Travel expenses that are not reimbursed by the end client are processed by the umbrella company as a tax benefit which means that you will receive tax relief on the £228 rather than being fully reimbursed with that amount - why this is shown on the payslip in the way you suggest i.e. as a deduction and then a payment I wouldn't like to say but if you would like to pm me with the exact figures I'd be happy to have a look at it for you
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
    X