• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Becoming Ill after 1.5 weeks of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becoming Ill after 1.5 weeks of contract

I have been contracting for 5 years and have recently started a new 3 month contract.

I was onsite for just over 1 week and have become very ill and unable to work.

I have a warchest built up in my Ltd company.

The agency are threatening to sue the company if I do not return to site.

The contract has a substitution clause.

can they do this? or would I get a chance to supply a substitute first?

Originally posted by collio07 View Post
    I have been contracting for 5 years and have recently started a new 3 month contract.

I have a warchest built up in my Ltd company.

The contract has a substitution clause.

can they do this? or would I get a chance to supply a substitute first?
    Can they bollacks. If you're ill its not your fault is it?

Assume you have a moo clause in your contract? **** them then. They;re just pissed off because they're losing their cut. Bunch of tossers.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Read the contract again. Look for "Force Majeure"...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Read the contract again. Look for "Force Majeure"...
        Force Majuere is not in the contract.

Comment

Force Majuere is not in the contract.
          If your properly ill the tell them you're sending in a sub. What do you do?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Get a sick note from your doctor, submit it to your employer (your ltd). Covered.

Comment

Are you sure you are a real contractor? Contractors are not supposed to get ill.

I'd have a go at finding a subbie if you are going to be off for a while and you want to keep the contract running but I can't realistically see the agency being able to sue your company and win. I'd explain the situation to the client and then tell the agency to piss off and leave you alone while you get better.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you make a quick recovery!
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
              X