• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have the urge...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the urge...

to become a contractor once more...

I'm bored, pissed off & have just spent two tedious hours being edified in the joys of HERA... which is a glorified method of downgrading jobs in edjukashun establishments.

Thank feck the Purple Haired Ones are on tonight...

If it's any comfort I am also bored & pissed off, even though I am in a contract.
    The only bright side is the amount of money I am being paid to do so

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

I'm bored, pissed off & have just spent two tedious hours being edified in the joys of HERA... which is a glorified method of downgrading jobs in edjukashun establishments.

Thank feck the Purple Haired Ones are on tonight...
      Do you live anywhere near Cambridge?

We've got tuliploads of work!

No Agents please...

Comment

Present contract is moderately interesting but just had enough of the whole darn travelling/crap flats in week thing. Roll on retirement.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Who doesn't??? Once a contractor always a contractor.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Hey I just lasted an entire DAY in a permanent job. Quit by 5:30. Oh well not my commission lol.

Sooo back on the contract market after two weeks of negotiation after finding out my new employers are lying gits.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Had an interview in Cambridge with Philips that will stay with me for a long long time...
              Philips PMR? Guy interviewing: was he wearing a brown nylon suit?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                Philips PMR? Guy interviewing: was he wearing a brown nylon suit?
                He sounds like the guy who handles the static sensitive devices at our place!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  He sounds like the guy who handles the static sensitive devices at our place!
                  Does he drive a Volvo?

Comment

Can't remember what his suit was like; can remember that I didn't even get offered a glass of water.

Got asked a load of questions about 4 bit assembler and a C test I couldn't make head nor tail of...

And the twat was testing me on my CV.

10 fecking hours driving for nowt...
                    Definitely sounds like the chap I know.

Comment

Working...
                    X