• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold Calling Victim Fights Back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Calling Victim Fights Back

Or, alternative headline: Business Owner Values His Own Time At Less Than Minimum Wage

Full story here

I'm all for the little guy taking a stand against big companies that are taking the piss and breaking the law now and again. But I really hope that he was doing it for the ostensible free advertising for his call recording business that the modest amount of news interest in this story will have bought. Because investing the time necessary to collect evidence of cold calling and taking the time to go to court really wouldn't have been worth it for the whole £220 he got for his efforts otherwise.

He's got very good PR worth millions out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      He's got very good PR worth millions out of it.
      I did allude to that, but I seriously doubt it's worth "millions".

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        Regardless, it's more than you.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Can't beat this from a while ago - Carlisle accent IMHO....

http://www.wibble.co.uk/media/bt.wav

Comment

The revolution against capitalism has started
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I did something similar many years ago, nPower blocked my changing from them to another supplier. The only grounds they can do this as if you are a bad payer and owe them lots of money, which of course I didnt.

Fast forward 18 months, having got the ombudsman involved, I got a cheque for over £1100 which meant I had effectively had free electricity from the point that blocked me. Was just before Xmas too

Comment

It's worth whatever one can make from it.

He can make millions.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Can't beat this from a while ago - Carlisle accent IMHO....

http://www.wibble.co.uk/media/bt.wav
                  I think it's more Wigton TBH
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Or, alternative headline: Business Owner Values His Own Time At Less Than Minimum Wage
                    Eh? What is the minimum wage these days then? He's charging £600 an hour. I thought only threaded can command that.

Comment

Working...
                    X