• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most beautiful machine ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most beautiful machine ever?

Spitfire
    Me, me, me...

Pretty, but I'd go for the Concorde
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Spitfire
      What a coincidence. I was wondering the very same thing yesterday, when I saw a book with a picture of a Spitfire on the front on sale at a nearby garden centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Me, me, me...

Comment

Ferrari 250 GT Lusso.

There are a few other cars and planes I could think of as candidates (SR71, F104, P51 spring to mind) but in the flesh there is something about that car that is absolutely captivating. It really is perfectly proportioned and looks right from every angle.

Last edited by doodab; 27 October 2012, 21:14.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

File:Computer graphic for front of Antikythera mechanism.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

File:Bletchley Park Bombe4.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - otherwise I would be typing in German or more likely not at all.

But this always gets me

http://www.leonardodavincisinvention...onnections.jpg
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The spitfire is a good candidate.

Did you Know ?
                sorry but military history is my speciality

did you know that the Germans captured a few spits. just as we captured a few messerschmitts.They flew them, and we flew theirs, then they evaluated them and worked out the best way to bring them down.
                They had the captured spits painted up in German livery, and occasionally had them painted back, in RAF livery to make propoganda film of them being valiantly defeated by the luftwaffe.
                Just as we had captured planes being shot down by 'the few' on film.
                (im not saying all the footage was fake, just some of it).

The point of all this, is that there were top pilots who flew both aircraft. So if the battle of Britain was won by superior command and control, intelligence and luck, and the spitfire was not actually that much good, these blokes would know.
                And their message was clear, the RAF and the luftwaffe pilots who flew both planes said the spitfire was by far the better plane for dogfighting. due to a thousand little design advantages

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I do like the Spitfire but currently I do like this (and if work goes well and Frau D. allows it

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I do like the Spitfire but currently I do like this (and if work goes well and Frau D. allows it

All it needs are wings...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X