• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the fastest speed you've ever driven, and in what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the fastest speed you've ever driven, and in what?

As the title says... no need to specify location if you fear repercussions..

X-37B - speed is classified...

Comment

120 MPH, in a 3.2 litre Jag, on a straight stretch of the M3 one night with no other cars in sight

Scared the bejeesus out of me, especially when I reached the next bend

(and I believe Jag tyres are only rated to 130 MPH - Imagine if one had blown at that speed!)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

115mph on the A303 heading west, just after it becomes dual carriageway after stonehenge. Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0l.

On the Autobahn, I chickened out at 205kph (127mph) heading West from Munich. Far too nerve wracking. That was in a 2.5l Volvo V70. Generally though, I cruise at 150kph - just shy of 100mph. Otherwise the fuel consumption is way too high.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Briefly touched 125mph driving in Germany in some Audi I'd hired.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

165mph on the A12 late at night on a tuned Kawasaki Gpz1100B2 then ran out of road

275kph in my Alpina on a couple of motorways here (its officially rated at 285) but I chickened out
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I always stick to the speed limit
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by dmo View Post
                As the title says... no need to specify location if you fear repercussions..
                How old are you?
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

155mph in a Mercedes C class estate on the Autobahn.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

120 ish on the A449 through Monmouth. Scared the tulip out of me the first time I did that in a car.

Then a few years later got a motorbike and did the same scared the tulip out of me even more.

Decided to stop being a tit and drive normally when one day I was hooning down a scottish B road at 90 in the pissing rain on the bike, touched the white line with the rear wheel and nearly shat myself. Great adrenaline buzz but I could almost see my funeral approaching so now 80 on the motorway and speed limits everywhere else

Comment

Working...
                    X