• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

El Gordo getting meaner....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Gordo getting meaner....

"Gordon Brown’s decision to green-light a proposal for tighter self-assessment deadlines without consulting the affected parties is being attacked by small businesses and their advisors.

The decision, which was announced in the Chancellor’s Budget in March, springs from a recommendation by Lord Carter of Cole – who was tasked to review HMRC’s online services.

His recommendation, which was immediately accepted by the government, was for paper self assessment tax returns to be received by HM Revenue & Customs by the end of September."

Presumably Gordo's going for the quick win, like:
    - giving SME's less time to organise their tax affairs, tripping themselves up in the process & getting fines
    - giving SME's less time for profits to sit on high interest deposit before coughing up to Hector
    - I'm sure there are others

This guy takes the biscuit. Having said on the Today prog that SMEs are the engine of growth in the country, he then behaves like a Terry Feckwit over something like this. Gawd I hate him, he's a real *****.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me!?!!!

Comment

Working...
    X