• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair pitches for EU presidency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But first he's wangling a vacancy to apply for.

Tony Blair: the EU needs a president (Torygraph)

I've never heard anyone say an EU president would be a good idea. Does anyone here in CUK think it's a good idea?

I thought we already had three

President of the European Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    President of the European Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    President of the European Parliament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to mention

Presidency of the Council of the European Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It would be a good idea if he becomes the first EU President who was tried and convicted for treason and war crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        But first he's wangling a vacancy to apply for.

Tony Blair: the EU needs a president (Torygraph)

I've never heard anyone say an EU president would be a good idea. Does anyone here in CUK think it's a good idea?
        I thought you guys wanted out

Comment

They can keep Bliar, we don't want him back...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It would be a good idea if he becomes the first EU President who was tried, convicted & executed for treason and war crimes.
            FTFY
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I often wonder what the electorate saw in Blair - yes in the early days he had charisma and a cheeky chappie grin, but it wasn't long before the mad staring eyes started dominating.
              I used to engage in politics before he came on the scene, now I think if an idiot like him got into power, the world has gone mad.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

time for pictures - it was prophetic.

Google Image Result for http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Politics/Pix/pictures/2001/03/09/PAdemoneyes.gif
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I often wonder what the electorate saw in Blair - yes in the early days he had charisma and a cheeky chappie grin, but it wasn't long before the mad staring eyes started dominating.
                  I used to engage in politics before he came on the scene, now I think if an idiot like him got into power, the world has gone mad.
                  his fervour always reminded me of janet street porter.
                  when she was young she railed against anyone who was older, trying to tell the 'yoof' what to do, then when she got to 30, she railed against all those middle aged f@rts who tried to tell the 'yoof' and young parents what to do
                  then when she got to fifty she railed against everyone including the 'yoof'.

he wanted to change everything but he didnt know what to, and he didnt know why.

he was like a yapping dog chasing a car down the street. ok dog, what are you going to do if you catch it ??

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Not new, 2008
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X