• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the fastest recorded speed you've achieved without the use of an engine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the fastest recorded speed you've achieved without the use of an engine?

Mine is 56 mph on the water slide at Disney in Orlando. Unluckily I was wearing speedos and had to remove them with pliers. Had I been wearing boxer shorts I'd have probably only hit 49. I used the speed style... cross legs on one heel, raise bum, rest on shoulder blades. Then covered my face with my hands, not because I was scared of the initial vertical drop - it was so I can breathe when hitting the water trap.
    Signed sealed and delivered.

About 40mph
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

About 28mph

What's the Average Speed of Male Ejaculation?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

about 60 mph.

I came down the tiger slope at glenshee on me bum, having lost my skis at the top due to a newbie error.
        a man on his bum, lubricated by a thin coating poo, can outstrip an olympic speed skier, and I proved it.

luckily there was a sturdy fence at the bottom else I would be well on my way to Antarctica by now

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

60mph - but in control, on my skis.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

17mph, raising to 21mph briefly at the vinegar stroke.
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

56 mph downhill on the A38 on a PlanetX carbon bike, and about 55-60mph flying through the air on the way to breaking both legs in Gressoney la Trinite whilst attempting to show people how good I was at going fast on snow. 1991.

Comment

35mph downhill from Salisbury Plain to the White Horse on a mountain bike with thick offroad tyres.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

About 45mph, last week at the Apeldoorn velodrome, dropping off the banking onto the straight. Didn't keep up that speed for long though.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I should imagine that any practitioner of free fall skydiving would regularly achieve the terminal velocity of 125mph.

Not that I've ever done it mind you. Gives me sweaty palms just watching those chaps.

Comment

Working...
                    X