• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Greek national sport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greek national sport

Greece is not alone

The quote made me laugh more than anything:
    The UK, Greece and Europe are in crisis because of a lack of tax revenues, not because of overspending.
    In Scooter we trust

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Greece is not alone

The quote made me laugh more than anything:
    That could come straight out as a Gordon Brown quote.

Comment

It's Grauniad logic.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        It's Grauniad logic.
        Had to look this up but I wholeheartedly agree lmao
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          It's Grauniad logic.
          One of the comments mentions that the pompous pr*ck who wrote the piece is an accountant, who runs something called the "Tax Justice Network".

The crisis is, observably, caused by the gap between spending and revenue (ie the deficit). Saying that this is just a tax rasing problem, when the UK already taxes as much out of the economy as a percentage as it ever successfully has done in peacetime will convince nobody but the CiF faithful.

This piece is substandard even for the "Tax Justice Network" (which is synonymous with Murph himself, an accountant.)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X