• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leave it out, Guv'nor.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave it out, Guv'nor.

BBC News - Scotland Yard could be sold as part of £500m savings plan

What would Jack Regan say?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    shut it you slag!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

get your pants on you're knicked..

Comment

I find it extraordinary that it costs £11M to run a fairly modestly-sized office building. They really need to get onto uSwitch immediately, and not just wait for David Cameron to force their utility suppliers to get them on a better rate.

And if the £11M (plus £50M one-off investment) quoted in the article is even partially accounted for by staff and operations costs (as opposed to just the cost of running the building as suggested) then moving somewhere smaller isn't going to help: they'll still be doing the same things from a smaller space when they get there.

I'd forgotten what a shockingly-wasteful gravy train the Public Sector really is. The way this building is run appears to be a case in point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          I find it extraordinary that it costs £11M to run a fairly modestly-sized office building. They really need to get onto uSwitch immediately, and not just wait for David Cameron to force their utility suppliers to get them on a better rate.

And if the £11M (plus £50M one-off investment) quoted in the article is even partially accounted for by staff and operations costs (as opposed to just the cost of running the building as suggested) then moving somewhere smaller isn't going to help: they'll still be doing the same things from a smaller space when they get there.

I'd forgotten what a shockingly-wasteful gravy train the Public Sector really is. The way this building is run appears to be a case in point.
          Oh you know so little and think you know so much. New Scotland Yard is an old building unsuitable for its current purpose with various expensive to maintain additions that other buildings just don't have.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Oh you know so little and think you know so much. New Scotland Yard is an old building unsuitable for its current purpose with various expensive to maintain additions that other buildings just don't have.
            ave they got a dungeon, with electrodes and waterboards and stuff

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              ave they got a dungeon, with electrodes and waterboards and stuff

Yes and full body scanners as you go in.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Gordon Brown started it, by flogging the Site of Bow Street Magistrate's Court!

Maybe they could refurbish and move back into Great Scotland Yard. The buildings look OK to me, and are probably much nicer inside than a load of 1960s tat.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

How much of the £11m goes on making the sign rotate?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Do enlighten me please, eek. I've only worked for the Police, and been with them through a building move. But maybe you really do know something I don't that could account for a running cost of nearly £1M per month in a way that wouldn't make the average tax payer spit out their tea in disbelief?

Comment

Working...
                    X