• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whose got the trousers on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose got the trousers on?

Women are key decision-makers in the home, DWP says - Telegraph

Be honest.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    50/50

i reckon

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      " Kelly, a woman in her 20s from the North-East, told researchers that she makes all the key financial decisions in the relationship.

“I think I am more confident [than my partner]. He is quite laid back. He probably wouldn’t do anything. [If it was up to him to decide] we wouldn’t go on holiday. We wouldn’t have a car. We’d just sit in the house all day,” she said. "

So in this context "making financial decisions" is spending money?

Comment

So many games of "letting each other thinking they are geting their way" that I dont know who is winning or losing.

I do notice that when I want to spend money it will be on me, but when she wants to spend money she wants to go dutch on a joint thing like a holiday or some daft bit of furnature.

Comment

I deal with all the bills and stuff.
          I arrange the re-mortgage and organize overpayments etc.
          I also do most of the joint spending - plannning/booking/paying for holidays etc.

He pays what I tell him on the credit card bill.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I deal with all the bills and stuff.
            I arrange the re-mortgage and organize overpayments etc.
            I also do most of the joint spending - plannning/booking/paying for holidays etc.

He pays what I tell him on the credit card bill.
            If you're making over-payments on your mortgage before you're clearing your credit card balance you iz doin it rong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              If you're making over-payments on your mortgage before you're clearing your credit card balance you iz doin it rong.
              Nope - clear the credit card each month. Put everything on it, but pay off in full.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Nope - clear the credit card each month. Put everything on it, but pay off in full.
                Good stuff. That's the smart way to use them.

I've never had a personal credit card myself, and wouldn't dream of having one. I've only ever had a Business Visa with £8k of pre-approved credit, which I didn't ask for and never used: it just came with the business account I set up back in 2000. The only slight nuisance in not using credit cards used to be not being able to use a Switch debit card (which was all that was available then) abroad. In the last six years or so that Visa Debit has been available as an alternative, I don't even have that problem any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  I've never had a personal credit card myself, and wouldn't dream of having one.
                  A bit of a naive position for someone your age. I have around 4 credit cards with about £30K credit on them, I never keep a balance on them as its cleared each month. Having credit and being in control of it is how you build up a credit rating.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    A bit of a naive position for someone your age. I have around 4 credit cards with about £30K credit on them, I never keep a balance on them as its cleared each month. Having credit and being in control of it is how you build up a credit rating.
                    and you want a credit rating why ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X