• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Star Wars film in 2015 made by......... Disney

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Star Wars film in 2015 made by......... Disney

Disney finds the force – for $4bn - FT.com

Mickey Mouse has forged an unlikely alliance with Darth Vader after Walt Disney agreed a $4bn deal to acquire Lucasfilm, the company behind the Star Wars films, and revealed plans to release a seventh movie in the series.

The deal, which will be paid with a mix of cash and shares, adds Lucasfilm to a portfolio of brands owned by Disney, including Pixar, Marvel and ESPN. It represents a sizeable pay-day for George Lucas, the creator of the series, who owns 100 per cent of Lucasfilm.

“For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next,” said Mr Lucas, chairman and chief executive of Lucasfilm. “It’s now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers.”

Disney’s “reach and experience” would help Lucasfilm “blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products”, he added.

Bob Iger, Disney’s chief executive, said the purchase combined Disney’s “unique and unparalleled creativity” with “one of the greatest family entertainment franchises”.

Disney has had a long and fruitful relationship with Lucasfilm, with Star Wars rides and attractions available at Disney theme parks in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris and Tokyo.

Star Wars Episode 7 will be released in 2015, with more feature films “expected to continue the Star Wars saga,” Disney said. The six films in the series have grossed $4.4bn at the global box office, with the characters also generating lucrative returns when licensed and sold as toys and other consumer products sales.

The acquisition reunites Lucasfilm with Pixar, with the animation company behind Toy Story starting life as a unit within Lucasfilm in 1979 before being spun out in 1986. Disney will also take ownership of technology developed by Lucasfilm, which also owns the Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound brands

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Can't be any worse than Episode I... or

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Episode I should never be spoken of.

Machete Order: A New Way to Watch Star Wars | GeekDad | Wired.com
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I liked Episode I!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              I liked Episode I!

Comment

I find your lack of faith..disturbing
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  I find your lack of faith..disturbing
                  I'd rather get strangled than watch Episode I ever again

Comment

I'd rather get strangled than watch Episode I ever again
                    Its not so bad, as long as you skip the 45 mins of children racing surely designed to sell toys. II was good, just skip the 10 mins of teenage romance, and III was pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X