• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutch telephone number

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch telephone number

I'm looking at the web page for a Dutch taxi firm, and they give a 6-digit phone number (not beginning with 0). How does that work? What should be dialled on a UK mobile in NL to get this 6-digit number?
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    I'm looking at the web page for a Dutch taxi firm, and they give a 6-digit phone number (not beginning with 0). How does that work? What should be dialled on a UK mobile in NL to get this 6-digit number?
    Dutch phone numbers have 10 digits (including the 0), except for some special numbers that are often freephone in NL, but you can't phone those from abroad afaik. You need to find another taxi firm with a 10 digit number, or look for a 10 digit number on the website.

Is it a 'treintaxi' or 'regiotaxi'?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Dutch phone numbers have 10 digits (including the 0), except for some special numbers that are often freephone in NL, but you can't phone those from abroad afaik. You need to find another taxi firm with a 10 digit number, or look for a 10 digit number on the website.

Is it a 'treintaxi' or 'regiotaxi'?
      Thanks.

Don't know what kind of taxi it is. I googled "taxi Buitenpost" because that distant Frisian outpost is where I might need one. Got Waaksma Taxis but via some taxi search site - actually it looks like a nationwide franchise/umbrella.whatever. Hoiwever I did get a 10-digit phone number for Waaksma Buitenpost from their website so I hope I'm sorted. Probably won't need it anyway, as long as there's a taxi at the station.

Comment

Thanks.

Don't know what kind of taxi it is. I googled "taxi Buitenpost" because that distant Frisian outpost is where I might need one. Got Waaksma Taxis but via some taxi search site - actually it looks like a nationwide franchise/umbrella.whatever. Hoiwever I did get a 10-digit phone number for Waaksma Buitenpost from their website so I hope I'm sorted. Probably won't need it anyway, as long as there's a taxi at the station.
        (0512) 331333

Comment

Thanks.

Don't bet on there being a taxi at the station!

If its a large station then yes, a small station then best to book one.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

(0512) 331333
            Why did I waste my time with Google when I have CUK?

Anybody know the Siebel EIM mapping for S_EVT_MAIL, while I'm here?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Don't bet on there being a taxi at the station!

If its a large station then yes, a small station then best to book one.
              Reminds me of typical conversations with cloggies;

Cloggie; 'Dis country is ferry densely populated.'
              MTT; 'Nonsense; there's plenty of space in Friesland.'
              Cloggie; 'Yes, but nobody wants to live dere.'

Comment

Why did I waste my time with Google when I have CUK?

Not me, but somebody probably does and I'm sure he'll be happy to invoice you for the answer.

Comment

Not me, but somebody probably does and I'm sure he'll be happy to invoice you for the answer.
                  No, that's my job... wouldn't want it to be too easy, everybody'd be doing it.

Comment

I do
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X