• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last day tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day tomorrow

Curry planned, and big beers with the lads from ClientCo. Proper looking forward to it.

The big ERP project is not doing so well. I spoke with the data migration team and asked if they need anything from me before I leave. "No, we're all good, everything is fine"

So I took the liberty of doing some data analysis (with their prior agreement) to see if I could spot any problems. I did. Tonnes. And tonnes. Now running around like headless chickens.

The edict has been handed down from the top. Go live on due date (early Jan) or don't come back. Bluff or not it's put the wind up 'em.

And all contractors leave tomorrow, leaving the permies to deal with the fallout.

I really, really, really don't get how a big consultancy comes in, designs a new system and forgets to check in on the data migration. Getting really ugly.

So it's a proper lose lose, I leave with everyone knowing full well I could put on a cape and turn it round, and their project gets canned if it fails to deliver.

I of course organised an exit interview with the CTO before I go to bring him up to date CUK style.

Looking forward to it baby
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Curry planned, and big beers with the lads from ClientCo. Proper looking forward to it.

The big ERP project is not doing so well. I spoke with the data migration team and asked if they need anything from me before I leave. "No, we're all good, everything is fine"

So I took the liberty of doing some data analysis (with their prior agreement) to see if I could spot any problems. I did. Tonnes. And tonnes. Now running around like headless chickens.

The edict has been handed down from the top. Go live on due date (early Jan) or don't come back. Bluff or not it's put the wind up 'em.

And all contractors leave tomorrow, leaving the permies to deal with the fallout.

I really, really, really don't get how a big consultancy comes in, designs a new system and forgets to check in on the data migration. Getting really ugly.

So it's a proper lose lose, I leave with everyone knowing full well I could put on a cape and turn it round, and their project gets canned if it fails to deliver.

I of course organised an exit interview with the CTO before I go to bring him up to date CUK style.

Looking forward to it baby

Data migration is impossible while the golaposts are moving. Once the goalposts are set in the ground
    it's an opportunity.
    plant the seeds and keep in touch with them. you wont need a cape, you will need a wheelbarrow

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

A decent contractor with solutions would be renewed. Oh well.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        A decent contractor with solutions would be renewed. Oh well.
        Not in this org troll. I join the list of decent contractors and permies that left.

Comment

Your going to tell him to use the search facility in a NLUK manner?

GE

Comment

The OP has no staying power. He's a premature ejacucontractor.

Comment

The OP has no staying power. He's a premature ejacucontractor.
              Hanging.

Good night though. Last minute rush to try and get some budget to try and keep me. I found out that it is the senior architect who is blocking this, apparently I make him look bad

In about 4 weeks time is the point of no return, when the heads will roll.

Meanwhile I had a telephone interview this morning and passed it, so have a f2f next week

Comment

Hanging.

Good night though. Last minute rush to try and get some budget to try and keep me. I found out that it is the senior architect who is blocking this, apparently I make him look bad

In about 4 weeks time is the point of no return, when the heads will roll.

Meanwhile I had a telephone interview this morning and passed it, so have a f2f next week
                Another company who doesn't yet realise you never finish the job. The fools.

Comment

2/10

Comment

Surely that's good business? My 8 week contract is now into its second year.

Comment

Working...
                    X