• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chinese 'stealth' fighter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese 'stealth' fighter

China 'makes first test flight' of new stealth fighter jet - Telegraph

Really stealthy. Photos in the Telegraph and spotted by some planespotters sporting orange and yellow stripes. Have the Chinese really understood the concept of 'stealth'?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Really stealthy. Photos in the Telegraph and spotted by some planespotters sporting orange and yellow stripes. Have the Chinese really understood the concept of 'stealth'?
    I'm trying to work out if you are being ironic or serious.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
      I'm trying to work out if you are being ironic or serious.
      I'm not telling.

Comment

Call me a softy, but I'm getting a bit scared by some of the news coming from China in the past few years; and most notably when Japan flexed its muscles over a disputed island.

Untrustable "backdoor" computer hardware has been claimed by the US
        China's military budget has scaled up year on year
        Aircraft carriers and mass production of cutting edge war machines.

Ah well, back to mumsnet for me .

Comment

China 'makes first test flight' of new stealth fighter jet - Telegraph

Interesting article recently about Chinese military capabilities - seems their approach is to get hold of technology - in this case Russian fighters and then reverse engineer it to get the know how to build themselves (no sh*t sherlock)

However the biggest problem is in Commercial and Military aviation is all in the Jet engine design the skill being in the manufacturing process (eg creating those durable fan blades) rather than assembly, and those nasty Western & Russian companies like Rolls & GE wont let them on on their manufacturing secrets or access to years of research so they will either have to find a way of condensing 70 years of R&D or just steal the technology.

Which means you will see some fine looking Chinese fighter aircraft but unless it has Russian engines don't expect it to match Western aircraft for performance or durability
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm not telling.

Admit it, you did not know what a stealth bomber was.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Admit it, you did not know what a stealth bomber was.
              I suppose I'll have to check urban dictionary when I get home. Is it something like a shart?

Comment

Working...
              X