• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Todays rubbish job £18.12 per hour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays rubbish job £18.12 per hour

Data Analyst/SQL server Berkshire, £145 per day Contract Data Analyst, Advanced Excel, MS SQL Server, Transact SQL

We are looking for a Data Analyst with advanced Excel skills and SQL knowledge, for a 6 month customer project in Berkshire. Candidates must have a deeper understanding of the following:

-Views - Sub-queries - Stored Procedures - Triggers - Temporary tables - Dynamic SQL/stored procedures - Correlated sub-queries - ETL or Extract, Transform, Load - SSIS or SQL Server Integration Services - SSRS or SQL Server Reporting Services - DBA or Database Administrator.

Excellent analytical skills and ideally a qualification in this field, and proven skills around data manipulation, analysis and reporting. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also required as this role will involve liason with stakeholders.

Immediate start required, please forward your CV for consideration.

Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location Location Berkshire, UK Industry IT Start Date Immediate Duration 5 months Rate £145 per day Employment Business IDPP Contact Giulia Lombardozzi Email Contact This Employment Business Reference JS Posted Date 01/11/2012 11:48:42 Permalink Data Analyst/SQL server job - Berkshire - November-01-2012 (C2xss)
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Suity! Where's Suity?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I told the agency I'd be willing to pay £200.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I told the agency I'd be willing to pay £20.

ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          Data Analyst/SQL server Berkshire, £145 per day Contract Data Analyst, Advanced Excel, MS SQL Server, Transact SQL

We are looking for a Data Analyst with advanced Excel skills and SQL knowledge, for a 6 month customer project in Berkshire. Candidates must have a deeper understanding of the following:

-Views - Sub-queries - Stored Procedures - Triggers - Temporary tables - Dynamic SQL/stored procedures - Correlated sub-queries - ETL or Extract, Transform, Load - SSIS or SQL Server Integration Services - SSRS or SQL Server Reporting Services - DBA or Database Administrator.

Excellent analytical skills and ideally a qualification in this field, and proven skills around data manipulation, analysis and reporting. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also required as this role will involve liason with stakeholders.

Immediate start required, please forward your CV for consideration.

Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location Location Berkshire, UK Industry IT Start Date Immediate Duration 5 months Rate £145 per day Employment Business IDPP Contact Giulia Lombardozzi Email Contact This Employment Business Reference JS Posted Date 01/11/2012 11:48:42 Permalink Data Analyst/SQL server job - Berkshire - November-01-2012 (C2xss)
          This seems like a ICT convenience advert.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            This seems like a ICT convenience advert.
            Yep.

Comment

If you were on the bench and local would you consider it? I think they are hoping/dreaming of such a candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                If you were on the bench and local would you consider it? I think they are hoping/dreaming of such a candidate.
                No. I'd do something else like fitness instruction but I won't sell my testing skills for that money. It only encourages clientcos and agents to try it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  No. I'd do something else like fitness instruction but I won't sell my testing skills for that money. It only encourages clientcos and agents to try it on.
                  Agreed although given my shape, fitness instructor is probably out!!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    Agreed although given my shape, fitness instructor is probably out!!
                    Yep, but you probably have other skills that could theoretically be marketed. Languages? Repairing stuff? Think about it; would you rather slave away doing IT for 18 quid or perhaps do something more relaxed or enjoyable for a tenner? Or even a bit less for serving pints at the pub? Obviously, doing a decent contract for 40 or 50 or more is better, but without that choice, why not just do something enjoyable that brings in enough to cover some bills?

Comment

Working...
                    X