• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mad Men (TV Series) - Please explain why it's good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Men (TV Series) - Please explain why it's good

Sorry for another telly thread, but here goes.

GF Platypus and I have started watching Mad Men. It's been much praised by the media and my parents wolfed through it saying how marvellous it is. I'm 3 episodes in and I just don't see it.

Should I stick with it? Explain, or just do the poll!
    One of the best TV series ever, stick with it
    11.11%
    Dull, nothing happens, Don Draper is a knobhead
    22.22%
    It's ok, watching it is mildly more entertaining than herpes
    22.22%
    Peggy Olsen is played by Andy W's mum and has promised me a quickie
    44.44%

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Sorry for another telly thread, but here goes.

GF Platypus and I have started watching Mad Men. It's been much praised by the media and my parents wolfed through it saying how marvellous it is. I'm 3 episodes in and I just don't see it.

Should I stick with it? Explain, or just do the poll!
    I got through about five episodes then lost interest. There are better shows to spend your time on.
    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Same here - I really disliked it. I just couldn't get into it
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

this the reason perhaps ?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It's all very slick, good acting, well directed etc, but it just didn't hook me like a good TV series should. I didn't feel any urge to watch the next episode at all, whereas I've been known to fly through 3 or 4 episodes of Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos or Dexter in one go.

Comment

I finished series 1 but not in any rush to get the next one going. It passes the time but not as gripping as a lot of others on offer.

Comment

Need I say more?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

really didn't hold my interest at all
                Join IPSE

Comment

I disagree. Have seen all series and thought they were all great.

Dons my hero.

Comment

God I must be so out of touch - Never even heard of it, seriously.

I haven't watched the news on TV for over a year now. I imagine it must be wall to wall Jimmy Saville for day after day after day ...
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X