• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You've got to love a tryer.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got to love a tryer.....

After a refusal to provide 2 references she sends me this.....

As I am going to “take you to market” in order to secure that next career move, there a number of things I need you to do. First, I would look unprofessional with any potential client that had already seen your details were I to present you to them; as such, I need to know the names of each and every company and the position for which you have applied for within the last six months; this way I am not wasting your, my or the client’s time. Second, I need to know if you are contacted about any potential ??? and ??? positions or you apply for any yourself going forward, as I pride myself on my networking and I don’t want any application of yours ruined by my talking to a client that you may already be “in the process” with, at any stage.

Blood in your poo

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    After a refusal to provide 2 references she sends me this.....

As I am going to “take you to market” in order to secure that next career move, there a number of things I need you to do. First, I would look unprofessional with any potential client that had already seen your details were I to present you to them; as such, I need to know the names of each and every company and the position for which you have applied for within the last six months; this way I am not wasting your, my or the client’s time. Second, I need to know if you are contacted about any potential ??? and ??? positions or you apply for any yourself going forward, as I pride myself on my networking and I don’t want any application of yours ruined by my talking to a client that you may already be “in the process” with, at any stage.

I think you've pulled. Get in there mate.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bless...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I think you've pulled. Get in there mate.
        What he said. Get yourself 'In The Process' with her pronto
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

A tenner says she's less than six months out of University. Where she was probably taking a History of Art degree (no disrespect to mudskipper! ).

Comment

get in there, secure that next career move while you can

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              A tenner says she's less than six months out of University. Where she was probably taking a History of Art degree (no disrespect to mudskipper! ).
              Sounds a bit too academic for an agent.

Magic Mill- Create a fake college diploma

Comment

She certainly hasn't got a degree in English......
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Sounds a bit too academic for an agent.

Magic Mill- Create a fake college diploma
                  On the whole, you're probably right. Though I was talking to a new agent last week that had a degree in Maths (she was actually pretty good as an individual - shame her agency were such spam merchants that I removed my CV from their database). Another one I know has a Physics degree (really nice guy, but set me up with some total deadbeats - he didn't really have that killer instinct you need to be able to cut out the timewasters and tyre kickers whilst identifying and concentrating on those clients with real projects to discuss).

Comment

On the whole, you're probably right. Though I was talking to a new agent last week that had a degree in Maths (she was actually pretty good as an individual - shame her agency were such spam merchants that I removed my CV from their database). Another one I know has a Physics degree (really nice guy, but set me up with some total deadbeats - he didn't really have that killer instinct you need to be able to cut out the timewasters and tyre kickers).
                    Looking on the bright side; up until the last few years maths and physics graduates would have been employed by banks to calculate the complete lack of risk in lending your money and my money to an unemployed crack addicted single mother who wants to buy a SUV and a large house in Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                    X