• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran Vs Israel...if it kicks off, how does it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They reckon the Iranians are months, not years away from being able to deploy a deliverable nuke.

Question is, what if the Israeli's get spooked by intel showing centrifuges they didn't know existed, meaning they are even closer? The Iranian's excel at missile technology, so the bottleneck isn't there; just the amount of enriched Uranium. Conceivably they have hardened and deepened their facilities so Israeli/US fighters will have to traverse a LOT of hostile airspace to hit the target.

Or worse...

If Ahmedinejad one fine morning announces, "Screw you all...we just detonated a bomb underground, check the seismic activity near Turkmenistan, and there is jack you can all do to turn back the clock"...

What happens? Do they/we go in all guns blazing? KNOWING he's had years to prepare? I know his air force is a bit early 90's but the way his ground forces are tooled up make Saddam's army in 2003 look like a Conservative Women's Conference meeting.

I'm no warmonger, I hate the military as much as anyone but this dude worries me.

Hopefully they'll nuke each other to death and there will be no more trouble in that region.

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeInCUK View Post
      I'm no warmonger, I hate the military as much as anyone
      Really, now why do you equate pacifism with hating the military?
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        Hopefully they'll nuke each other to death and there will be no more trouble in that region.
        Unfortunately its not that simple, the US (and others) have to protect Israel due to various treaties and the very large Jewish population of the US putting pressure
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

They reckon the Iranians are months, not years away from being able to deploy a deliverable nuke.
          Where is the conclusive intel to support this claim?

To date, and to my knowledge, no intel has been published to support this claim.

Question is, what if the Israeli's get spooked by intel showing centrifuges they didn't know existed, meaning they are even closer?
          The Israeli's are, rightly or wrongly, easily spooked.

This isn't a measure of anything other than irrational fears overpowering rational thought.

The Iranian's excel at missile technology, so the bottleneck isn't there; just the amount of enriched Uranium.
          More hyperbole.

Iran appears to have a sustainable missile programme but not one that could be viably compared to Western standards in terms of scope and success.

Conceivably they have hardened and deepened their facilities so Israeli/US fighters will have to traverse a LOT of hostile airspace to hit the target.
          Or just prudent military planning - no different to what, for example, the US defence department does.

Or worse...

If Ahmedinejad one fine morning announces, "Screw you all...we just detonated a bomb underground, check the seismic activity near Turkmenistan, and there is jack you can all do to turn back the clock"...

What happens? Do they/we go in all guns blazing? KNOWING he's had years to prepare?
          This crap doesn't even deserve a response...

I know his air force is a bit early 90's but the way his ground forces are tooled up make Saddam's army in 2003 look like a Conservative Women's Conference meeting.
          Would this be the same ground force that lost 300 - 700, 000 troops in the war with Iran?

Assuming they have recovered from this, what 'tools' do they now have at their disposal?

I'm no warmonger, I hate the military as much as anyone but this dude worries me.
          Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Unfortunately its not that simple, the US (and others) have to protect Israel due to various treaties and the very large Jewish population of the US putting pressure
            Ok nuke Miami too then. Do i have to think of everything here?

Comment

Israel may have new weapons no one has used yet that can drill hundreds of yards underground before detonating a several kiloton nuke.

It would be a modern-day equivalent of some of the Barnes Wallis specials of WW2, such as Grand Slam which caused more damage and in different ways than the Nazis had thought possible.

For example, I heard that DARPA has spent years developing mega-fast and efficient tunnelling machines that can plough through dozens of yards of solid basalt and reinforced concrete every minute. So if something like that could be deployed, it clearly wouldn't take long to deliver a bomb half a mile underground
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Like one of these from the Matrix?

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

1-1 Israel on penalties. Is it a World Cup qualifier?

Comment

Question is, what if the Israeli's get spooked by intel showing centrifuges they didn't know existed, meaning they are even closer? The Iranian's excel at missile technology, so the bottleneck isn't there; just the amount of enriched Uranium. Conceivably they have hardened and deepened their facilities so Israeli/US fighters will have to traverse a LOT of hostile airspace to hit the target.

Or worse...

What happens? Do they/we go in all guns blazing? KNOWING he's had years to prepare? I know his air force is a bit early 90's but the way his ground forces are tooled up make Saddam's army in 2003 look like a Conservative Women's Conference meeting.

Twat post and where the f&^ck do you get your info?

Iran has started using enriched fuel for making their own nuclear fuel rods. This has been acknowledged by Israel who has but any action on hold.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X