• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we too close to the US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im concerned that Blair is getting far to close to his US counterpart and that come the next election the US will be yet again meddling in UK politics.

Is Cherrie Blair going to announce herself as "First M'Lady" ?

Im hoping the feet on the ground tell it like it is mentality of the UK public will put a stop to this nonsense , I would rarther that the EU negotiated on our behalf than let Blair negotiate for the UK alone.

Theres a fine line between pimp and allies and I wouldnt trust the US to know the difference

Originally posted by Bitbucket
    Im concerned that Blair is getting far to close to his US counterpart and that come the next election the US will be yet again meddling in UK politics.

Im hoping the feet on the ground tell it like it is mentality of the UK public will put a stop to this nonsense , I would rarther that the EU negotiated on our behalf than let Blair negotiate for the UK alone.

Theres a fine line between pimp and allies and I wouldnt trust the US to know the difference
    I think that the US can be trusted more than the EU. The EU negotiate on behalf of France and Germany and I am interested to know precisely which EU country the UK has been able to rely upon in difficult times.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      I think that the US can be trusted more than the EU. The EU negotiate on behalf of France and Germany and I am interested to know precisely which EU country the UK has been able to rely upon in difficult times.
      "As long as the United States and Great Britain stand side by side the free World will remain free," Sir Winston Churchill.

"Give a choice between Europe and the open sea the British people will always choose the open sea," Sir Winston Churchill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket

I think the problem is Blair, rather than the US. He is weak and just does what he is told.

Comment

About 3,000 miles at closest point. HTH.

Comment

You have hit the nail right on the head there Dodgy...BUT...unfortunately you are in the minority as most seem to think Iran more trustworthy than America!

Mailman

Comment

Mailman in intelligent response shockerl

Originally posted by Mailman
              You have hit the nail right on the head there Dodgy...BUT...unfortunately you are in the minority as most seem to think Iran more trustworthy than America!

Mailman
              Think?
              The unthinking mistrust America is what you meant to say I believe.
              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

Mailman
                It is the old guilt thing again. Because America is rich and powerful it is therefore morally right to oppose everything that it does. As a society we think it is far more "moral" to associate ourselves with the Taleban or the Palestinians. Israel and the US are easy targets for us to dump our guilt.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I find myself in the difficult position of having to agree with you for the second time in a day Dodgy!

Mailman

Comment

It is the old guilt thing again. Because America is rich and powerful it is therefore morally right to oppose everything that it does. As a society we think it is far more "moral" to associate ourselves with the Taleban or the Palestinians. Israel and the US are easy targets for us to dump our guilt.
                    Oi Dodgy! Where's that bloody spec you were going to email me yesterday?

FFS, agents? Cunch of Bunts, the lot of 'em!

Comment

Working...
                    X