• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comfort food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort food

The clocks have gone back, the evenings have drawn in, the trees have turned and are dropping leaves.....

So what's your winter comfort food?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Dumplings! (all varieties accepted and enjoyed!)
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Soups, stews & roasts is normal in our house at this time of year, but at the moment it’s ice cream as BGG is still infatuated with the new ice cream maker
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        The clocks have gone back, the evenings have drawn in, the trees have turned and are dropping leaves.....

So what's your winter comfort food?
        Jennings’ Sneck Lifter.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Steak and Kidney Puddings - Hollands of course!

Comment

Mince & tatties.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I don't really bother with comfort food - Haven't had chocolate for years, for example.

But a nice spag bog, with a liberal sprinkling of parmesan, goes down well if I'm peckish
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Soups, lots of soups, and have started my own sourdough to go with them, and it's bloody excellent!

Also had a shoulder of Lamb last night, morrocan style.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I don't really bother with comfort food - Haven't had chocolate for years, for example.

But a nice spag bog, with a liberal sprinkling of parmesan, goes down well if I'm peckish

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I love a good dahl with rice but most types of curry will do, keeps you warm this time of year
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                    X