• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thought scams were getting more sophisticated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought scams were getting more sophisticated

Had a great email today. I am one of a select few awarded $2.5m by the UN in compensation for an unspecified fraud against me and the email is from The Secretary General of the United Nation (sic) himself, Ban Ki Moon. With such credentials how can it possibly be a scam?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Unfortuantely however old the scam and how much warning you give there is always some dumb **** who will fall for it. Those people should be fined for falling for them and making a market.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can't con an honest man
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Had a great email today. I am one of a select few awarded $2.5m by the UN in compensation for an unspecified fraud against me and the email is from The Secretary General of the United Nation (sic) himself, Ban Ki Moon. With such credentials how can it possibly be a scam?
        Wow -Ban Ki Moon??!! I thought I was lucky getting an email from Bob Diamond the other week. He was very concerned for my bank account.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Couldn't agree more with NLUK! I once knew a women who told everyone she had won the Spanish lottery and had sent her £500 cheque off to secure the millions of euros in prize money. Needless to say she never saw and prise money and can you believe it had never actually played the Spanish lottery!!! That reminds me I must reply to that email I had about my apparent recent accident.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Wow -Ban Ki Moon??!! I thought I was lucky getting an email from Bob Diamond the other week. He was very concerned for my bank account.
            That is nothing. I am so famous I get mails personally sent to me from Nigerian Princes.. Saying that, not sure how the pharmacy knows I have a tiny penis but very nice of them to offer me a solution as well. How is that for proactive medical care!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              That is nothing. I am so famous I get mails personally sent to me from Nigerian Princes.. Saying that, not sure how the pharmacy knows I have a tiny penis but very nice of them to offer me a solution as well. How is that for proactive medical care!!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                It could very well be Ban Ki Moon. However The United Nations is a scam. Ask Syria.
                Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

My mother received a text message telling her she was entitled to £3500 compensation for missold PPI. As she had never had a loan, she became rather worried. After reassurances from the police, her bank, myself, my sister, my son and the minister at her church, she came to the conclusion it was spam.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    My mother received a text message telling her she was entitled to £3500 compensation for missold PPI. As she had never had a loan, she became rather worried. After reassurances from the police, her bank, myself, my sister, my son and the minister at her church, she came to the conclusion it was spam.
                    And sent them a text to tell them she has seen through their scam???

Comment

Working...
                    X