• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, why isn't he in prison?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, why isn't he in prison?

Denis MacShane: Ex-Labour minister to be suspended from the Commons for A YEAR after claiming expenses on 19 fake invoices | Mail Online

Former Europe Minister Denis MacShane is to be suspended from the Commons for a year for submitting 19 false invoices to claim parliamentary expenses.

Because laws dont apply to MPs.

Comment

Fraud is fraud, feed him to the so called poor
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Parliamentary privilege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally posted by Privileges of the UK House of Commons

The ancient and undoubted rights and privileges of the Commons are claimed by the Speaker at the beginning of each new Parliament. The privileges are only codified in Erskine May's Parliamentary Practice and the House itself is the only judge of its own privileges. Most of those specifically claimed are practically obsolete, but others remain very real:
        • Freedom of speech; (members speaking in the House are not liable for defamation)
        • Freedom from arrest in civil matters (practically obsolete);
        • Access of the Commons to the Crown (via the Speaker); and
        • That the most favourable construction should be placed upon the deliberations of the Commons.

Privileges not specifically mentioned:
        • Right of the House to regulate its own composition; (although election petitions are now determined by the ordinary Courts)
        • Right of the House to regulate its own internal proceedings, both as to matters and procedures;
        • Right to punish members and “strangers” for breach of privilege and contempt;
        • Right of freedom from interference (although members are no longer immune from all civil actions
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Can't be arsed to google but which party came out the least honest in the expenses scandal?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Over-claiming expenses is one thing, but fake invoices cross the line for me. Isn't this simple fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Can't be arsed to google but which party came out the least honest in the expenses scandal?
              I think labour were by far the worst.

Comment

What the party for the average common working person, surely not?
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  What the party for the average common working person, surely not?
                  Yet the headlines were made by a toff's duck island.

Funny old world innit.

Comment

I suppose it fits in with what they stand for really, you enjoy your life at the expense of other much like the scroungers.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X