• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend you will mostly be......................

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend you will mostly be......................

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

--. --- .. -. --. .- - .. - .... .- -- -- . .-. .- -. -.. - --- -. --. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

My morse code translater says that means 'Shagging sheep while wearing a mankini singing 'Thats Amore'' Might not be an accurate translation of course. Can be a vauge some of these translators.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

- .-. .- ...- . .-.. .-.. .. -. --. / -. --- .-. - .... / - --- / ... . . / -- -.-- / -... .-. --- - .... . .-.
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Quiet one this weekend.

Not going out much. Dinner party for six tomorrow night. Truffle and pesto bruschetta for starters using truffles we brought back from Florence last month. Mains are chicken breasts stuffed with wild boar from Borough Market, our guests are bringing dessert followed by some Gorgonzola Piccante and Pecorino Sardo.

Hope to get in the pool at some stage this weekend.

You?
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Staying in the little-populated far north of NL, largely to save the time and money that it takes to go home for the weekend. Thought I might go to Amsterdam and see some museums, but the Rijksmuseum is still shut for redevelopment, the Van Gogh Museum is also closed with a temporary display at the Hermitage (the Dutch one), and in the Hague most of the Vermeers from the Mauritshuis are off in Japan. Bit of an off season for visual art, then.
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                Staying in the little-populated far north of NL, largely to save the time and money that it takes to go home for the weekend. Thought I might go to Amsterdam and see some museums, but the Rijksmuseum is still shut for redevelopment, the Van Gogh Museum is also closed with a temporary display at the Hermitage (the Dutch one), and in the Hague most of the Vermeers from the Mauritshuis are off in Japan. Bit of an off season for visual art, then.
                What about the sex museum? Or have they got the decorators in too?

I'll be doing fireworks on Saturday - hopfully some stodgey food too. Pie and peas and parkin (probably).

Comment

Time with the saucepans, and me trouble n strife. Not seen to much of them lately.

Every day is a weekend for me now
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

parkrun tomorrow.
                    Cycling on Sunday - doing the "Christmas Pie" route which is neither Christmassy, or got any pies. It does however have nice little signs with pictures of Christmas puddings to offer false promise.

Started decorating the kitchen, so might do a bit more on that. And some OU stuff.

From wikipedia

"The curious name of Christmas Pie, owes its name to property owned by a prominent local family named Christmas. There are many references to this family in the Court records of the Manor of Cleygate which date back to 1513 in the reign of King Henry VIII. Christmases are often noted as serving as members of the Homage which was the Jury of the Court. The "Pie" part of the name comes from the Saxon term "pightel" or "pightle" meaning a small piece of arable land."

Comment

Working...
                    X