• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email from Agent

Informative - what's going on?

"Following your recent application for the position I am writing to inform that this role is on hold subject to future a consultation with the programme director.

Thank you for your interest and we will be in touch if it becomes live again or with other suitable roles"

I don't get it, unsolicited helpful information willingly passed on without prompting from an agent. Does not compute....

Originally posted by stek View Post

"Following your recent application for the position I am writing to inform that this role is on hold subject to future a consultation with the programme director.

Thank you for your interest and we will be in touch if it becomes live again or with other suitable roles"

I don't get it, unsolicited helpful information willingly passed on without prompting from an agent. Does not compute....
    Its the raptures!

Repent your sins and prepare to meet your maker
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Newbie agents try to be polite and do things by the book. They will soon learn to become like other agents....

Comment

The Mayans were right!

Actually, despite some time spent foiling with agents this week, it's been generally OK on the communications front my end. One gig that came up last week through an agency I haven't dealt with before, and that I've just been offered today, also came up through a second agent that I know better. I wasn't able to be represented for the role by the second agent that I know better as I was already in through the first lot, but he did provide some useful info unprompted about the role I secured this week nonetheless.

Comment

He's been fishing and caught a big one?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

An agent to whom I applied for a contract sent me an email attaching a load of other candidates CVs.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              An agent to whom I applied for a contract sent me an email attaching a load of other candidates CVs.
              Was it our very own DA?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I've not had that. But I have been subjected the old "To instead of BCC field" cock-up by an agent. It was quite revealing about the somewhat, er, casual e-mail addresses that some contractors use as their professional contact address!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  I've not had that. But I have been subjected the old "To instead of BCC field" cock-up by an agent. It was quite revealing about the somewhat, er, casual e-mail addresses that some contractors use as their professional contact address!
                  Guilty as charged ....

My contact email address needs sorting out: [email protected] doesn't make the best first impression.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    Guilty as charged ....

My contact email address needs sorting out: [email protected] doesn't make the best first impression.
                    That'd have been one of the tamer ones! It was amazing how many of them appeared to use their e-mail addresses as a means of telling other people about their perception of the size of their John Thomases. Or perhaps they were just warning agents about their personalities. It was hard to tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X