• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working at VF HQ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working at VF HQ?

Hello All

Are any of you working, or have worked at Vodafone HQ in Newbury? I understand that there is no parking on site and that it is all hotdesking. Sounds like a bit of a pain. Does anyone have the experience of working there?

Mobile signal is bloody rubbish as well. If they offer you a company phone ask them to make sure it is on O2.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Quality of bogs and 3G signal therein is critical in choosing a contract.......

Comment

You forgot...

Quality of hot brown stuff (to call it coffee in most places would contravine trade descriptions act)
        Quality of totty
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Desk position, for worry free jobserve browsing and CUK posting.

Install poo-timer.

Test access to home systems

iPhone charging - possible?

Comment

Did 2 years there - just as they were bringing in the no parking bollocks

Plenty of totty on site

Occasional F1 events outside the canteen as part of the sponsorship deal

HMQ visited when I was there but that may be unrelated

Stayed at Travelodge - Tot Hill is nicer than Chievely - although IIRC there is a B&B closer whose owner is an ex-airline stewardess that some guys lusted after

Some nice pubs by the waterside

HTH
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Mobile signal is bloody rubbish as well. If they offer you a company phone ask them to make sure it is on O2.
              This is actually true - oh and they also issue you with a mobile Sim foc that lets you make calls anywhere in the world charged back to VF
              Other memories are having to use Alexander Mann who were a bit sensitive if you call their joining process over complicated & bollocks
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So no contractors can park onsite. I've heard about this and they all try and grab a space round close by.

I wonder if thats the same for inside as no one owns a desk its all hotdesks is it race in otherwise you have to work outside.

I started one contract once (not VF)and they told me on day 1 I could not park onsite which I thought was great luckily there was a Pay & display but that meant an extra expense I had not budgeted in so not a good start!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaO View Post
                  Hello All

Are any of you working, or have worked at Vodafone HQ in Newbury? I understand that there is no parking on site and that it is all hotdesking. Sounds like a bit of a pain. Does anyone have the experience of working there?
                  Was there for a few months in '07, parking was never an issue, just outside the building IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                  X