• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airport security

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airport security

Where do they find people with that little personality who are so rude? Do they have special training courses to hone their skills?

Stick a thug in a uniform and that is the result.
    Not only are they rude and officious they are also dishonest and a bunch of thieves
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Not only are they rude and officious they are also dishonest and a bunch of thieves
      Excellent representatives of HM Government.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Excellent representatives of HM Government.
        Oddly at passport control at Gatwick we got a smile from border control. Someone will get sacked soon.

Comment

I bet I'm really going to regret switching from city to Gatwick

So not looking forward to it.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's the worst part of travelling. I went through City a/p last month - first flight for years but remembered that you couldn't take more than 100ml of liquids. What I didn't remember is that you had to walk through security waving those said liquids in a clear plastic bag.

So the humiliating ritual of unloading my 100% efficiently packed rucksack and displaying my personal items in front of passengers and security commenced.

I placed a packet of Immodeum and condoms on the counter and in order to inject a little humour in the situation, I said to the young security woman: "Hopefully I'll be using only one of these this holiday"

She just looked at me stony faced and said "can you remove your belt and shoes and go to that area there where they'll exam and test your liquids".

20 mins later and a swab of my innocent shampoo, I just about made the flight.

Totally pointless...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I went to (GLA)airport security and ducked under the multi-line tapes for the queues - place was empty.

Security guys (mid 20's) says "that was very childish" - I said excuse me - he said "going under the tapes is very childish - I was a bit gobsmacked. Then he said same thing to my wife she was childish also!

So I thought fine, whatever, lets get on with it - he gave me the works, belt off, shoes off, etc etc

But he did not ask me to take the laptop & ipad out my carry on or check for fluids - we passed through the whole of secuirty with a tin of coke, half bottle of water, and a laptop & ipad still in the bag.

...don't think that should have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I frequently got swiped for explosives when travelling through Belfast "George Best" International. My response "You're having a ******* laugh, this is Belfast!" didn't impress. **** 'em, bunch of G4S rentacops!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Where do they find people with that little personality who are so rude? Do they have special training courses to hone their skills?
                  Pretty stupid as well. Last we came from holiday the immigration officer pointed at my lad and asked "Is that your son?" Well...let's see he has the same last name, is travelling with me, and calls me 'Dad', so uh "No".

It really is crap flying these days. You have to pretend to be cattle as you walk through the stockade that is 'security'. You get full body scanned by scanners that could give you cancer and then you have to walk through the shops before getting to your gate. And there is that whole 'liquid' bollux where you can't carry water through.

Though at Reus my lad had a water bottle and they let him through - same with me at Sharm el Sheikh. Perhaps they're not so dumb after all. They recognise a stupid policy when they see one?
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    To be fair if anyone had to deal with the utter morons that go through airport security all day you would get a bit pissed off. I don't know what it is about airport security that turns your average traveller in to a brain dead idiot. You can stand in queue for 20 mins with signs around and a advice coming through the speakers about taking belts off, laptops out, change out of pockets but there will be endless numbers of people that then have to be told by the guy what to take off and to come back and drop his change off he forgot to take out of his pocket.

I travelled a lot in the last 2 years and it is beyond comprehension how idiotic some people can be, the restriction on liquids thing as well. The number of people that just don't get it is unbelievable.

Not a job I would do for all the tea in China.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X