• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dog attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog attack

A friend of mine was out walking his dog, minding his own business at the local park. His dog is always on a lead, and isn't at all friendly to other dogs, and enjoys itself if left alone. Normally when it sees another dog he shortens the leash, and stands still until the other dog has passed. The dog sits there good as gold until the other dog has passed.

Yesterday a dog not on a leash snuck up behind the pair of them, sniffed his dog in the nether regions and before he had a chance to react his mutt had turned round and nipped the other mutt.

The owners were narked and gave him some earhole, threatening to get all legal etc etc.

His mutt was on a lead, their's wasn't. No case to bring, Shirley?

I've told him to chillax, but his is pretty peed off. The panel thinks?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

All dogs and dog owners should be licensed and taxed
    All dogs should be tagged.
    Owners should only be allowed to keep dogs if they have a garden.
    Dogs should be on a lead at all times in public.
    Dogs should poo in their owns property and not in parks, playgrounds, pavments etc
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What kind of dog is it?

The fact that his dog is unfriendly to other dogs is the clue here. Your mate knows full well that he don't like other dogs and in a lapse of concentration his dog has bitten another dog. The thing about being on a leash or not is a fair point, but many areas allow dogs to run off-leash, in which case it's probably not the best place to take a dog which is unfriendly to other dogs.

I'm a dog owner and I would take full responsibility for that. If I had a dog that was aggressive to other dogs I would fit a muzzle when I'm out walking if I felt I was not able to be on top of the situation 100% of the time.

And as an owner of a dog, if my dog ran up to another dog, and suddenly got attacked, I would harshly criticize that other dog owner firstly for having such an aggressive dog and secondly for not having it under control. Assuming I was walking in a park that allowed dogs off-leash.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Dogs should poo in their owns property and not in parks, playgrounds, pavments etc

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          The same goes for parents too then. Sick and tired of seeing this ******* kids run around shopping centers ready to get trampled on because their ****wit parents got knocked up.

Comment

I'll suggest the muzzle. I think it's a bit harsh as he and the pooch were minding their own business. If I ran up and sniffed someones crotch* and got a slap, would I be surprised?

* not entirely a fair comparison admittedly

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
              The same goes for parents too then. Sick and tired of seeing this ******* kids run around shopping centers ready to get trampled on because their ****wit parents got knocked up.
              Even worse kids running around in places like B&Q. Effing dangerous.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                I'll suggest the muzzle. I think it's a bit harsh as he and the pooch were minding their own business. If I ran up and sniffed someones crotch* and got a slap, would I be surprised?

* not entirely a fair comparison admittedly
                You'd look good in a muzzle suity

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  You'd look good in a muzzle suity

aww, thanks eo.

I'll bring the one with the pool ball in the mouth piece up for this scouse eating session with CH

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X