• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You''ll live where we put you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You''ll live where we put you

Homeless families to be expelled from London by councils | Society | The Guardian

I was very pleased reading this article as people who are working cannot afford to rent in the city. So now that the housing benefit cap will be coming into play families will be relocated to more affordable property in the surrounding areas.
    In Scooter we trust

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Homeless families to be expelled from London by councils | Society | The Guardian

I was very pleased reading this article as people who are working cannot afford to rent in the city. So now that the housing benefit cap will be coming into play families will be relocated to more affordable property in the surrounding areas.
    Scotland?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Scotland?
      Lol that would be a good place to put them, the article mentions that they even purchased property in Methyr Tydfil which make me laugh really loud. Thing is if you're jobless and living in London why not move elsewhere where it is less expensive and look for work (Oh no did I mention the W word )
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        You have to purchase property in Merthyr?
        The incomers (the Councils) didn't know any better and the local estate agents successfully conned them.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          The incomers (the Councils) didn't know any better and the local estate agents successfully conned them.
          More proof that civil servants should never be in control of finance.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            You have to purchase property in Merthyr?
            Sure do mind you it's extremely cheap, one of my friends bought a house near there for 20k and has done it up quite nicely
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

I would love to be able to afford to live in Chelsea.

But only rich bankers get QE thrown at them and are able to afford the prices.

Once again only the poor get the blame and are picked on.

"Call me Dave" might like to ensure that we are all in this together.

Comment

I wouldn't say they get the blame, I would say they shouldn't really have a choice if they're not paying for it
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  I wouldn't say they get the blame, I would say they shouldn't really have a choice if they're not paying for it
                  I agree. But I think the initial focus is wrong.

Alot of companies and richer people pay little tax. Hence they should have no say either.

Comment

So grossly over simplified, like reading the daily hate or listening to Jeremy Vine (neither of which I could do without a great deal of personal agony).

Next you'll be saying that escape from New York was a good solution to prison over-crowding (just a poor choice of location in terms of real-estate).
                    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                    X